Do you spend your days browsing travel blogs? Is your favorite day of the week #TravelTuesday? Have you had a life-changing experience abroad that motivates you to help others have a similar experience?
Here at Go Overseas, we pride ourselves on producing high quality articles that help our users along their path to volunteer, study, intern, and teach abroad. We have cultivated a strong collection of resources, and are now looking to grow.
If you have an experience abroad that you can't seem to shut up about, consider joining our team of dedicated and passionate writers, who share their expertise on our site through informative articles and reflections. Read on for full details.
Go Overseas regularly publishes informative articles about study abroad, volunteer abroad, teach
abroad, intern abroad, and gap year abroad. We are currently looking to build a team of excellent
writers to contribute to Go Overseas on a regular basis (3 month commitment minimum).
We are currently hiring for our November 2012-February 2013 writing team. You can Download the Application here. Please email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is Friday, October 26. Selected applicants will be contacted the last week of October.
The Ideal Candidate has...
- Social media presence and experience
- Experience writing for the web/online
- Travel experience (preferred)
- Online marketing experience (preferred)
- Application requires writing samples. Ideally, you can provide links to places you have been published
online, even if it's just a personal blog. If this doesn't apply, attach 2-3 writing samples as Word
Other Position Details and Expectations
Writers will be expected to research, write and market multiple articles per month for a 3 month minimum. Writers will be assigned article topics based on experiences and preferences as outlined in the application. Freedom to pitch article ideas and write on personal, travel-related topics will be allowed as well.
Payment commensurate upon experience. Writers who excel (provide timely, dependable, high quality content) will be considered for increased payment and increased frequency of publication every 3 months.
- Increase your presence and expertise in the industry.
- Further your online and social media marketing experience.
- Have a well-respected name in the travel industry on your resume and build your portfolio.
- Learn from and collaborate with an experienced, dynamic, and fun team!
NOTE: If you are looking to contribute just a few articles, we accept (unpaid) guest posts occasionally. Pitches can be submitted to email@example.com.