- Study Abroad
- Volunteer Abroad
- Teach Abroad
- Intern Abroad
- Gap Year
- Travel Resources
TEFL Institute - Online TEFL Certification
Meet Danielle Jadusingh, TEFL Institute Online TEFL Course alum
GO: Why did you choose TEFL Institute?
Danielle: At the time I saw the advertisment for the TEFL Institute - I was an English Assistant in Colombia and I thought if I am going to teach English I should be qualified to do so: if you are going to do a job - do the job well. The online course seemed like a perfect way to get qualified while teaching. It was affordable and I was able to relate my studies immediately to my work.
GO: Why are you interested in teaching abroad?
Danielle: It is a convenient way to work and travel at the same time. I get to do something I love ie teaching English and really have a chance to explore the country I am in.
GO: How has this experience impacted your future?
Danielle: Doing the TEFL Certificate has really opened doors for me and now I am truely interested in pursuing a long term career in teaching English. Personally, I have grown as an individual and a teacher and am glad that I invested the time and energy to do the course.
GO: Where would you like to teach and why?
Danielle: Wow - If I could I would go all over the world to teach hahaha - Let me list maybe 5 of my favorite interests outside of China and Colombia my 2 favorites as I have friends there:
- Turkey: That country is a terrific blend of East and West and has a lot of historical places to explore.
- Japan: Another cool place to learn and explore.
- France: I went there as a child with my family and it would be great to explore the place on my own as an adult and improve my French.
- Morocco: Another interesting place to check out which is close to the Mediterranean.
- Brazil: Awesome place for Carnival, capoeira, Brazilian Jujitsu, Samba, history culture.. man I have a long list haha.
- I have others that grab my attention: Russia, Romania, India, Taiwan, Hungary, Ecuador... too many countries to list.
About TEFL Institute
TEFL Institute is the worldwide leader in professional TEFL certification and the training of international English teachers. Based in Chicago, IL, with course locations in 20 cities around the globe, we offer the finest in 4-week intensive onsite TEFL training courses and online TEFL training courses providing the 120 hour certification required to teach English in thousands of schools and language institutes around the world.
TEFL Institute graduates are employed across the world teaching English in Asia, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East. Employment as a professional English teacher is available in over 80 nations worldwide. TEFL Institute works with the largest and most prestigious English teaching programs and schools worldwide both public and private.