Teaching Nomad - Teaching Opportunities in China

By Teaching Nomad   Reviews (30)   96% Rating

Teaching Nomad is your connection to teaching in China. We are a western owned and operated teacher placement agency operating out of Shanghai, China. We take a lot of pride in connecting dedicated teachers with great school all over the country. Teaching Nomad has programs for teachers of all experience levels including Professional educators, Experienced ESL instructors and Beginner teachers!

Contact us today to be connected with a dedicated placement consultant already living in China who can answer all your questions and find the perfect match for you. Our clients include International schools, Language training schools, Primary/ Middle/ High schools and kindergartens.

Each client has been thoroughly researched to ensure a great working and living experience for you. We look forward to welcoming you to China!

Program Info

Location:
  • China
Salary / Benefits:

CNY 8,000 - 25,000/month + Potential expat packages including: airfare, housing, insurance, meals and more!

Length:

• Facilities
  • Sharday Cage
    Chicago, IL
    Saint Xavier University
    Teaching Nomad Helps Me Land Dream Job!
    05/22/2015

I just have to commend the Teaching Nomad team for being dedicated individuals and really ensuring that they are providing us with the best support! Once I was determined to participate in a teach and travel experience, I was overwhelmed and not sure how I should go about the whole process. Sophia from Teaching Nomad was especially helpful and went above and beyond to help me score the perfect job. I was rejected by my first choice job initially but Sophia followed up with the company and I got my interview in the end. Thanks to her and the rest of the teams efforts to fight for me, I am now embarking on a journey that I really wanted. I couldn't have done this without them and I'm incredibly grateful!

How could this program be improved?

I have not started my program yet but I thought it was important for me to comment on the great experience I've already received. I will write another review once my program is over.

• Deborah Vasconcellos
    Canada
    York University
    More than pleased!
    04/24/2015

I was looking for ESL jobs in Asia when Sophia Isis, from Teaching Nomad, found me. Since our first contact, Sophia has been friendly, personable and very efficient. I felt like she really understood my needs and my personality, and was there to help me find the perfect position. I owe my job in China, and probably the biggest adventure of my life, to Sophia. Thank you!

• Rafael Katz
    Age: 51 or older
    China
    Brown University
    The easiest recruiting process I have been through
    04/08/2015

As someone who has used ISS and SA, Teaching Nomad was by far the easiest process I have gone through. It didn't cost me anything, unlike those other two programs and after one email contact, I was able to speak with the Teaching Nomad representative and get all the information I needed to continue with the job application. It was quick, efficient, friendly, and effective (I got the job)

Useful: 1 Inspiring: 1
  • Martin Nolan
    Carow, Ireland/Shanghai, China
    University of Limerick
    Very Professional
    02/27/2015

Going through Teaching Nomad was the best decision I could have made coming to Shanghai. Sophia,who was my recruiter was very helpful and patient in dealing with my applicaton. She responded to any questions I had in a timely manner which made the entire process very straightforward. I haven't been in Shanghai very long but thus far everything has gone smoother than I could have ever expected. A large part of this is due to the guys at Teaching Nomad. I 100% recommend this company to anybody considering coming to Shanghai.

Useful: 1 Inspiring: 1
  • Brian
    Wuxi, China
    Wilkes University
    Excellence
    01/03/2015

Educators wary of generic employment listings via web sites intended for the average must avail of the quality services offered by the wonderful employees of Teaching Nomad. Career > job. Especially considering the economy in China, educators will appreciate obtaining exciting / rewarding employment.

Useful: 1 Inspiring: 3
  • Jimmie Robinson
    Rosedale, Maryland
    Excellent support, thank you!
    11/23/2014

Teaching Nomad thank you for being a major support system throughout this process! Although the process can be stressful at times, my placement consultant, Oliver Gorman has done a phenomenal job at easing the anxiety by responding to emails in a timely manner; by addressing any concerns that have; and by giving great overall advice. Thank you Teaching Nomad and Oliver for making my desire to help others and experience another part of the world possible!

• laura
    Shanghai, China
    Living in China with a family
    11/17/2014

The thrill of moving half-way across the world was amazing. The move was from the US to China with my husband and two small boys. The culture shock was very difficult to get used to along with not knowing any Mandarin. The sights and history of China is amazing and was the most memorable experience of living abroad. It was very difficult working with local teachers on a day to day basis because the work ethics are so different from the US. The public transportation system in Shanghai is exceptional. It was very reliable and inexpensive. We enjoyed the food and the abundance of shopping opportunities in the big city. I would recommend for everyone to live/work abroad for at least a year. Your views and thoughts are broadened as well so you leave with a greater sense of appreciation for all countries of the world. I do not recommend long term living in China because you can become very disconnected with western ways and sometimes lose a sense of who you are or where you came from. But, some people might want this!

• Evelyn Lau
    Shanghai
    Victoria University of Wellington
    Thanks Patrick
    11/11/2014

Thank you Patrick for your support and guidance in getting me to Shanghai! You were willing to skype before we left to answer any questions we had and you replied to emails very quickly. Since arriving you have continued to offer that support , and I thank you for that.

• Lauren
    University of Stellenbosch
    Here is to China
    11/10/2014

Many people decide to travel overseas from a young age and with all the restrictions, teaching English abroad is a great way to get paid and travel...so i decided to jump on in and head off to Shanghai, china. My recruiter from Teaching Nomad was Sophia Isis. Her help during my recruiting process put me at ease and less stressed about the fact that i was moving alone to the biggest city in the world. Funny enough, my roommate was also recruited by Sophia to teach in China. Talk about a small world.

How could this program be improved?

I think it would be great if the recruiters could touch base with the candidates once they are in china. Via email would be best

• Sarah
    Beijing
    Excellent recruitment services and Recruiter
    10/22/2014

Teaching Nomad was helpful, straightforward, patient and supportive. Oliver Gorman my recruiter was fantastic and I am so grateful for his help during this process. He was knowledgeable and is an asset to the company.

• Andrew Goforth
    Spartanburg, South Carolina
    Lander University
    Thank you for the support and help!
    10/22/2014

Would like to say thank you for your tremendous support and help in placing me with a school in China! I am now working everyday in a fantastic school and teaching children about something I am very passionate about! MUSIC! I spend everyday spreading the beauty and amazing ability of music to have a positive impact on peoples lives. Thanks again!

• Larissa Tavares
    Age: 19-24
    Arizona State University
    Teaching Nomad is La Classe
    10/07/2014

Oliver from Teaching Nomad has displayed nothing but pure professionalism in helping me find a teaching position in China. He was completely dependable, punctual (answered all of my emails immediately), and assuring. He even answered questions I had on the weekends! I think one of the greatest attributes with working with him was that he gave me honest advice and looked out for my best interest. Overall, if I had the choice to do it again I most definitely would. I couldn't have asked for a better experience and I have never been happier with my decision.

Not only has Oliver helped me with finding a school he has also made the transition into China easier by passing me a useful contact in finding an apartment, a list of places to go/see, and things to do while I spend my time here. I can't thank him enough. Thanks Ollie!

Difficulties about living in China: Things that would normally take you 20 minutes to do back home (ex. going to the grocery store/ looking for food/ etc.) may take you anywhere from 1-3 hours. Plan accordingly.

Highlights about living in China: Amazing people from all over the world completely different from you.

An amazing experience.

The TEFL requirement.....

• Stefani
    University of Southern California
    Career Teacher Highly Recommends TN
    09/21/2014

I was impressed from the start by the professionalism and friendliness by the staff at Teaching Nomad. A recruiter was very quickly in contact with me and we set up a Skype interview to talk about the job possibilities for my qualifications and to answer my questions about China. This recruiter worked very closely with my partner and I over several months as we looked carefully at jobs and locations in China. We were able to secure positions that suited our very different teaching backgrounds in a part of China that suited our experience living abroad (none) and Chinese language level (we knew how to count).

As a recent graduate from a Masters in Teaching program, I was looking for a position that would be good experience and pay well. I was pleased with the choices available and am absolutely in love with the school I have been placed at.

They were also able to find a great position for my partner, who has teaching experience but no credentials, in his area of expertise.

Our transition to Shanghai really has been easy thanks to the advice and help from the staff at Teaching Nomad.

How could this program be improved?

If I could change one thing it would be to fix their website. The layout is confusing and some of the features don't work. We looked at jobs on the website, wrote down the job numbers and then emailed with the recruiter about them.

Useful: 2 Inspiring: 0
  • Kim Phillips
    Age: 19-24
    University of South Florida
    Amazing Agency and Recruiters
    09/11/2014

At first I was very nervous about my possible move to China, and found Teaching Nomad to help with the entire process. The application and interview process was smooth and enjoyable. The agency and its recruiters helped me with any questions that I had as well as help place me in a job that suited my personal goals.

Both Patrick and Ginger, my job placement and visa recruiters, gave me reliable, updated information at all times, especially when paperwork was delayed from the government. Everything was done in an orderly and neat fashion.

I truly appreciate all the work that Patrick and Ginger did as well as the rest of the staff upon arriving to Shanghai. Sophia and Brett, the company founders, helped with everything else once I landed, from paperwork to directions. Everyone at the agency is wonderful and extremely helpful and welcoming.

I would highly recommend this agency to anyone looking for teaching positions within China.

How could this program be improved?

Paperwork was delayed, but that was the Chinese government's fault. Teaching Nomad rush-delivered through Fed-Ex my documents in time for my visa submission.

• Lucas Peltonen
    Foshan, China
    University of Michigan
    Dependable
    09/08/2014

Patrick at Teaching nomad was honest, responsive and dependable.

After my initial conversation with him, he presented me with 4-5 schools that he thought would be a good match. I applied to three and ended up getting job offers from 2 of them. He was quite honest in describing the differences between the schools during my decision-making process, making it much easier.

I had no difficulties with Teaching Nomad. Adjusting to life in China can be challenging, but Patrick was very helpful in providing me with information such as links, information sheets and advice.

I would highly recommend Teaching Nomad to anyone who is considering looking for teaching positions here in China.

How could this program be improved?

There was one school that I was very interested in that filled all of its positions before my application was complete; however, that certainly was not Teaching Nomad's fault.

About the provider

The most important service that we provide is behind the scenes research of every school that we can find to identify those worth partnering with. There are 1000's of English schools in China, unfortunately not all of them are legitimate. We have contacted, spoke with and researched 100's of these schools and partnered only with those with a great reputation, great compensation and truly appreciate their teachers. Teaching Nomad has programs for teachers of all experience levels including Professional educators, Experienced ESL instructors and Beginner teachers!