Teaching Nomad - Opportunities in China

By Teaching Nomad   Reviews (34)   96% Rating

Teaching Nomad is your connection to teaching in Asia & the Middle East. We are a western owned and operated teacher placement agency operating out of Shanghai, China. We take a lot of pride in connecting dedicated teachers with great school all over the country. Teaching Nomad has programs for teachers of all experience levels including Professional educators, Experienced ESL instructors and Beginner teachers!

Contact us today to be connected with a dedicated placement consultant who can answer all your questions and find the perfect match for you. Our clients include International schools, Language training schools, Primary/ Middle/ High schools and kindergartens.

Each client has been thoroughly researched to ensure a great working and living experience for you. We look forward to welcoming you to China!

Program Info

Location:
  • China
Salary / Benefits:

CNY 8,000 - 25,000/month + Potential expat packages including: airfare, housing, insurance, meals and more!

Length:

• Facilities
  • Elana van der Merwe
    Amazing!
    07/02/2015

We have received the absolute best service from Teaching Nomad and Sophia helped us from the very beginning. She was always extremely professional and friendly. Through Teaching Nomad, we managed to get the best options and we received a fantastic opportunity at a very reputable international school. We are more than happy to recommend Teaching Nomad for any teacher who would like to work in China!

How could this program be improved?

No need to improve. Teaching Nomad is perfect!

• Jill
    Beijing, China
    New College of Florida
    Professional and Efficient
    06/23/2015

The process of applying for an administrative position through teaching nomad was fast, professional, and efficient. I literally had a job that was a good fit in a matter of days. Thanks for all the support Sophia!

• alice
    San Diego, CA
    University of San Francisco
    Great services
    06/15/2015

Sophia worked with me on getting a teaching job in Shanghai. From my experience, the staff at teachingnomad is really aware of the applicants and their clients and work hard to make a match. Sophia responded to my questions and requests and e-mailed me with suggestions and her thoughts on which positions would best meet my needs and qualifications.

• Iris Frankel
    Age: 19-24
    Freehold, New Jersey
    Montclair State University
    Unparalleled Opportunities
    06/04/2015

I have been planning to teach English in China for nearly a decade now, but when I finally had my degree in hand, I was overwhelmed by the options! I went through about three or four other recruiters and even tried contacting individual institutions personally, but Teaching Nomad was by far the most professional agency with the best teaching positions-- especially for a first year teacher. None of the others held a candle to the jobs I found through Teaching Nomad. I could not possibly recommend this outfit more.

• Sharday Cage
    Chicago, IL
    Saint Xavier University
    Teaching Nomad Helps Me Land Dream Job!
    05/22/2015

I just have to commend the Teaching Nomad team for being dedicated individuals and really ensuring that they are providing us with the best support! Once I was determined to participate in a teach and travel experience, I was overwhelmed and not sure how I should go about the whole process. Sophia from Teaching Nomad was especially helpful and went above and beyond to help me score the perfect job. I was rejected by my first choice job initially but Sophia followed up with the company and I got my interview in the end. Thanks to her and the rest of the teams efforts to fight for me, I am now embarking on a journey that I really wanted. I couldn't have done this without them and I'm incredibly grateful!

How could this program be improved?

I have not started my program yet but I thought it was important for me to comment on the great experience I've already received. I will write another review once my program is over.

• Deborah Vasconcellos
    Canada
    York University
    More than pleased!
    04/24/2015

I was looking for ESL jobs in Asia when Sophia Isis, from Teaching Nomad, found me. Since our first contact, Sophia has been friendly, personable and very efficient. I felt like she really understood my needs and my personality, and was there to help me find the perfect position. I owe my job in China, and probably the biggest adventure of my life, to Sophia. Thank you!

• Rafael Katz
    Age: 51 or older
    China
    Brown University
    The easiest recruiting process I have been through
    04/08/2015

As someone who has used ISS and SA, Teaching Nomad was by far the easiest process I have gone through. It didn't cost me anything, unlike those other two programs and after one email contact, I was able to speak with the Teaching Nomad representative and get all the information I needed to continue with the job application. It was quick, efficient, friendly, and effective (I got the job)

Useful: 1 Inspiring: 1
  • Martin Nolan
    Carow, Ireland/Shanghai, China
    University of Limerick
    Very Professional
    02/27/2015

Going through Teaching Nomad was the best decision I could have made coming to Shanghai. Sophia,who was my recruiter was very helpful and patient in dealing with my applicaton. She responded to any questions I had in a timely manner which made the entire process very straightforward. I haven't been in Shanghai very long but thus far everything has gone smoother than I could have ever expected. A large part of this is due to the guys at Teaching Nomad. I 100% recommend this company to anybody considering coming to Shanghai.

Useful: 1 Inspiring: 1
  • Brian
    Wuxi, China
    Wilkes University
    Excellence
    01/03/2015

Educators wary of generic employment listings via web sites intended for the average must avail of the quality services offered by the wonderful employees of Teaching Nomad. Career > job. Especially considering the economy in China, educators will appreciate obtaining exciting / rewarding employment.

Useful: 1 Inspiring: 3
  • Jimmie Robinson
    Rosedale, Maryland
    Excellent support, thank you!
    11/23/2014

Teaching Nomad thank you for being a major support system throughout this process! Although the process can be stressful at times, my placement consultant, Oliver Gorman has done a phenomenal job at easing the anxiety by responding to emails in a timely manner; by addressing any concerns that have; and by giving great overall advice. Thank you Teaching Nomad and Oliver for making my desire to help others and experience another part of the world possible!

• laura
    Shanghai, China
    Living in China with a family
    11/17/2014

The thrill of moving half-way across the world was amazing. The move was from the US to China with my husband and two small boys. The culture shock was very difficult to get used to along with not knowing any Mandarin. The sights and history of China is amazing and was the most memorable experience of living abroad. It was very difficult working with local teachers on a day to day basis because the work ethics are so different from the US. The public transportation system in Shanghai is exceptional. It was very reliable and inexpensive. We enjoyed the food and the abundance of shopping opportunities in the big city. I would recommend for everyone to live/work abroad for at least a year. Your views and thoughts are broadened as well so you leave with a greater sense of appreciation for all countries of the world. I do not recommend long term living in China because you can become very disconnected with western ways and sometimes lose a sense of who you are or where you came from. But, some people might want this!

• Evelyn Lau
    Shanghai
    Victoria University of Wellington
    Thanks Patrick
    11/11/2014

Thank you Patrick for your support and guidance in getting me to Shanghai! You were willing to skype before we left to answer any questions we had and you replied to emails very quickly. Since arriving you have continued to offer that support , and I thank you for that.

• Lauren
    University of Stellenbosch
    Here is to China
    11/10/2014

Many people decide to travel overseas from a young age and with all the restrictions, teaching English abroad is a great way to get paid and travel...so i decided to jump on in and head off to Shanghai, china. My recruiter from Teaching Nomad was Sophia Isis. Her help during my recruiting process put me at ease and less stressed about the fact that i was moving alone to the biggest city in the world. Funny enough, my roommate was also recruited by Sophia to teach in China. Talk about a small world.

How could this program be improved?

I think it would be great if the recruiters could touch base with the candidates once they are in china. Via email would be best

• Sarah
    Beijing
    Excellent recruitment services and Recruiter
    10/22/2014

Teaching Nomad was helpful, straightforward, patient and supportive. Oliver Gorman my recruiter was fantastic and I am so grateful for his help during this process. He was knowledgeable and is an asset to the company.

• Andrew Goforth
    Spartanburg, South Carolina
    Lander University
    Thank you for the support and help!
    10/22/2014

Would like to say thank you for your tremendous support and help in placing me with a school in China! I am now working everyday in a fantastic school and teaching children about something I am very passionate about! MUSIC! I spend everyday spreading the beauty and amazing ability of music to have a positive impact on peoples lives. Thanks again!

About the provider

The most important service that we provide is behind the scenes research of every school that we can find to identify those worth partnering with. There are 1000's of English schools in China, unfortunately not all of them are legitimate. We have contacted, spoke with and researched 100's of these schools and partnered only with those with a great reputation, great compensation and truly appreciate their teachers. Teaching Nomad has programs for teachers of all experience levels including Professional educators, Experienced ESL instructors and Beginner teachers!