Teaching Nomad - Opportunities in China

By Teaching Nomad Reviewer Verified   Reviews (58)   97% Rating

Teaching Nomad is your connection to teaching in Asia & the Middle East. We are a western owned and operated teacher placement agency operating out of Shanghai, China. We take a lot of pride in connecting dedicated teachers with great school all over the country. Teaching Nomad has programs for teachers of all experience levels including Professional educators, Experienced ESL instructors and Beginner teachers!

Contact us today to be connected with a dedicated placement consultant who can answer all your questions and find the perfect match for you. Our clients include International schools, Language training schools, Primary/ Middle/ High schools and kindergartens.

Each client has been thoroughly researched to ensure a great working and living experience for you. We look forward to welcoming you to China!

View Program Information
Location:
  • China
Salary / Benefits:

CNY 8,000 - 25,000/month + Potential expat packages including: airfare, housing, insurance, meals and more!

Length:
1 year+

Leave a question about this program for our reviewers to answer.
Account Info
Great question! I'm sure you'll want to know when you get an answer, so tell us your email and we'll let you know. If you've previously created an account you can login in here.

Positive
  • Brittany
    Kenosha, wisconsin
    The Perfect Job Finders!
    02/04/2016

I was referred to Sophia by a friend and she was so helpful. I emailed her about wanting to get a teaching job in Shanghai and she responded right away and I was able to set up a Skype session with her to figure out what I was looking for. I had a previous offer from another school and wasn't sure if it was a fair offer. She assured me that I could find a better paying salary and one closer to where I wanted to live. She sent me everything I needed to do and then sent it over to the employers. Within a few days I had interviews set up and several offers that were higher than my first one! Teaching Nomad is fast and efficient and very knowledgable about where the best fit would be for you. I highly recommend going through them!

• Na'il
    NewYork, NewYork
    Morehouse College
    Teaching Nomad is Great!
    02/04/2016

Teaching Nomad was great! They take making you the best teacher you can be seriously. Very helpful with providing information on local things while your there, very helpful in helping you find housing as well once you arrive, and most of all helpful in helping you find a great teaching position with a competitive salary. Above all I really appreciate their dedication to making sure you take your position seriously and understand the lives you will be affecting as a teacher. Great motivational people that encourage raising the bar pass mediocrity. Definitely recommend to all who love teaching.

How could this program be improved?

A little clearer on directions during the TEFL course, besides that everything was great.

• Cheryl
    Taoyuan, Taiwan
    College of Charleston
    Placement in Taiwan
    02/02/2016

Oliver Gorman at Teaching Nomad was a great recruiter. He was very professional throughout the process and I was able to secure a job with my desired placement quickly and easily. With his help I felt prepared for my interview, and I knew he could answer any other questions I might have. The fact that Teaching Nomad only works with reputable schools is very reassuring. By going through Teaching Nomad I knew that the company I would be working for would be professional too.

How could this program be improved?

I wanted to go to Taiwan to teach, Teaching Nomad only listed one company they work with there. Broadening their reach within Taiwan so there are more job listings in that country would be helpful. However, I love my placement with HESS International in Taiwan.

• Holley
    Florida
    Extremely Helpful
    01/22/2016

I highly recommend Teaching Nomad and their recruiters; they were fully helpful throughout the entire process. They answered all of my questions in a timely manner, while I was taking the TEFL course and finding a school. They are very reliable and knowledgeable about all aspects of this experience. I also felt the majority of the course helped to prepare me immensely and I was able to take a lot away from it, to apply to my teaching position.

• Zoe
    Suzhou China
    University of Pretoria
    Maggie from Teaching Nomad
    01/18/2016

I moved to China after being offered a job in a private training centre. Needless to say, I didn't end of completing my contract. So, feeling helpless and stranded in China, one of my friend's gave me Maggie's number ( Maggie is a recruiter for Teaching Nomad ) and I immediately contacted her for help.

What a blessing! I am now a teacher at one of the most wonderful Kindergartens and I am thoroughly enjoying my China experience and adore my job. Not only does Maggie go out of her way to help you but she takes all your wants and needs into consideration. Maggie, if it weren't for you, I would have never stayed here and I wouldn't have had the opportunities I have now. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you for all the hard work you all do at Teaching Nomad and I hope you have a wonderful New Year <3

How could this program be improved?

Honestly from my experience I would change nothing !

Useful 1 Inspiring 0
  • Chris
    Shanghai
    University of Ottawa
    Thank you!!!
    01/04/2016

Wow, where to start? I have so many positive things to say about this process with the assistance and support I have received. First, I must sing the praises of my Personal Placement Recruiter, Ila Afshar. Ila went above and beyond in finding me a job that was the perfect fit for me. She made me feel completely calm and comfortable in the interview process and was so attentive and patient with all the questions I had. She was so quick to follow and guided me through the whole process. This is the second contract that I have had in China. If I had know how helpful Teaching Nomad was, I would have most definitely used them to help find first contract. Ila made this whole process smooth and stress free. I have recommended Teaching Nomad to a few friend after seeing how quickly I found a job that was the perfect match for me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

• James
    San Francisco, Ca
    Southern New Hampshire University
    The Easy Way.
    12/17/2015

I had a fairly direct and easy connection to a company in Taiwan. They are still expanding in Taiwan, so there is only one company that they are actively working with during this season, but I'm sure that will change in the future. I don't really want to work in China yet, so it was my preference that limited my options more than anything.
    Ila was very friendly and helpful, and even when I made the mistake on the time of our interview, the time zone difference, she just rescheduled and rolled with it. I haven't made it to Taiwan yet, but I am still in touch with Teaching Nomad and the company I will be working for, giving me extra support in a new country.

How could this program be improved?

While I'm sure there are flaws, I didn't find any in my experience with my contact or the company.

• Raphael
    Shanghai, China
    University of Waterloo
    Best Company That you'll find
    12/12/2015

Honestly, my experience with teaching nomad has been amazing. One of the few honest companies that you'll find in this line of work. The extend that my recruiter Sophia has went through, not only while I was in my homeland, but also when I arrived in China, is beyond expectation.

They will go beyond and above to try to make your experience abroad work out. Especially when everything around you is not working out (and many, many problems can and will arise during your stay) my recruiter was there for me. The honesty and integrity that they provide is very, very hard to find abroad, and having a western contact is essential.

I would definitely not be here without their help. Thank you, and wish you the best.

None.

• Xiaodi
    Suzhou,Jiangsu Province.China.
    Teaching Nomad helps me to find my job
    12/10/2015

when I was looking for my job in last month,the placement consultant from Teaching Nomad Stephanie Li who help me to introduce me a new teaching job in a new school.And the international school is a top-ranking international school in China,specially in Suchew,as a bilingual teacher,I really want to be a staff there.So I send resumes to their school,and the placement consultant Stephanie Li who help me a lot,and she is very patient and nice to me,no matter what questions I have,she will try her best to help me.
    She introduced me to the school headmaster who finally has an interview with me on Skype,it's very smoothly.
    Luckily,I got the offer about this school.
    All in all,I want to say "Thank you,Stephanie;Thank you,Teaching Nomad!"

How could this program be improved?

I hope I could got the feedback information from them as soon as possible.

• Roisin
    Glasgow, Scotland
    University of the West of Scotland
    Teaching Nomad
    12/04/2015

Thank you very much Ila for taking a lot of the stress out of finding a job in China. You found jobs that were suitable to my needs and listened to my preferred areas. You were very supportive throughout the process. I appreciated your calm and friendly manner over the phone and emails. I would highly recommend getting in touch with Teaching Nomad!

N/A

• Sean
    Chichester, UK
    University of Exeter
    Very helpful recruiter start to finish!
    11/22/2015

Hi all! I've only just secured my placement thanks to Teaching Nomad. Sophia was really helpful and communicative throughout the process, reassuring me about starting my new life abroad and generally explaining any uncertainties I had.

How could this program be improved?

help with up front costs of getting to china
    possibly a Western contact in China to meet and greet?

• Paul
    Irvine, California
    Very Helpful
    11/15/2015

I had a great experience working with teaching nomad. They did a thorough job screening me and was very active in searching for the best opportunities that fit my unique wants and needs. When I began my search for teaching jobs in China I was happy to utilize their experience and knowledge in my search. It wasn't long before they set up a couple of interviews with various organizations and it didn't take long for one of them to hire me. I was reassured by their pre-screening of companies in China; knowing their additional endorsement would help put some fears at ease. The consultant who I worked with, Stephanie, was very professional and helpful. Her personal touch guided made me the entire way and helped me feel comfortable before and after the interviews. Once placed, the support continued with follow up during the visa process. I am grateful for their assistance.

• Charlotte
    Shanghai
    Use Teaching nomad
    11/13/2015

Teaching Nomad are the best recruitment agency out of the dozens I've signed up to in the last year. Communication was always clear and they responded to emails swiftly. I am now employed by an amazing international school who pay me an amazing salary and benefits! This position is exactly what I asked for, and I got the job within a week Teaching Nomad informed me of the position. I highly recommend them.

Also, thanks Oliver! You are an amazing recruiter!

• Ciara
    Clare, Ireland
    Thank you, Sophia!
    11/04/2015

Sophia has aided me throughout my search for a teaching position in China, no matter how big or small, silly or important the questions have been! I feel I have found the perfect job for my first time in China, and it's all thanks to the help and advice of Sophia. I am super excited to get to china now. No doubt I will have more good things to say about Sophia and TN by the time I arrive.

Thanks again!

• Chancellor
    Nanchang, China
    Great Experience. Thank you, Teaching Nomad!
    10/29/2015

First and foremost, I must thank Sophia at Teaching Nomad. Sophia's professionalism and thoughtfulness are on another level. Sophia walked me through the recruiting process step by step and answered every question I had (and there were many!). I cannot thank Sophia enough for her time, patience and care during my placement process. If you have the pleasure to work with Sophia as your recruiter, then rest assured you are in good and capable hands.

I currently work in China. I am happy to say all matters discussed during my interview and contract signing have been promised and delivered. I feel fortunate to not only have had great help before my placement, however also during my placement.

If you are looking to work in China, I strongly recommend working with Teaching Nomad as your recruiter during the process.

About the provider

The most important service that we provide is behind the scenes research of every school that we can find to identify those worth partnering with. There are 1000's of English schools in China, unfortunately not all of them are legitimate. We have contacted, spoke with and researched 100's of these schools and partnered only with those with a great reputation, great compensation and truly appreciate their teachers. Teaching Nomad has programs for teachers of all experience levels including Professional educators, Experienced ESL instructors and Beginner teachers!

Staff Interviews

Already have an account? .
Password must be eight at least characters.
Don't have an account? Sign Up.