TNT Recruiting Agency - ESL Teaching in South Korea

By TNT Recruiting Agency   Review (1)   100% Rating

TNT (Teacher & Teachers) Recruiting Agency is looking for native English speakers to teach ESL in South Korea. Positions are open in a variety of locations including Seoul, Ulsan, Bundang, Ilsan, Busan, Incheon, Ichoen, Daegu and Buchoen. Potential teachers are asked to forward a resume and a recent photo along with their preferred teaching locations. TNT will do its best to meet all of the needs of its teachers.

Program Info

Length:
6-12 months
See Additional Information
Requirements:

Recommended fields of expertise: ESL/EFL, Elementary, ESL to Children, Kindergarten, High School, University.
All potential teachers must be native English speakers and hold at least a bachelors degree from an accredited university.

Positive
    Age: 25-30
    Macon, Georgia
    WHAT AN EXPERIENCE!!!
    03/16/2012

I'd first like to start this review by letting everyone know that: for a first time Asian overseas ESL teacher I could not tell you how much this experience meant to me! It was an amazing life changing adventure!

I worked for a hagwon or private academy in Korea teaching kindergarten. My flights were paid for before I left my home country and I was picked up from the airport and driven to the city of Seosan. At first I was in culture shock and I felt a bit lonely. This would all change as I interacted and built relationships with my student and met other foreign teachers in the area! My school was amazing. It had everything I needed to create an evolving learning environment for my kids. The latest technology along with some fun games and playrooms! At first I was the only person at my school that could speak English so as a teacher I was isolated but soon we got a coteacher that could speak English and we soon became good allies! I soon jumped into the local community and I felt at home as if I had grown up here! My social life was on fire!! The last thing you want to do is sit at home by yourself when you should be out diversifying your life experiences! So I did just that. I threw myself into the program and the city and let me tell you before I had to come home I cried, my students cried, my friends cried! Seosan ended up being my family/home away from home!

I have to thank TNT recruitment for making this possible. I was able to talk with James every night before I left and he assured me everything was alright and he made me feel so comfortable! I told him what I had in mind and he found the perfect match for me. He was available to help me if I ever needed anything and he was also willing to help get me extra side jobs for extra money if I wanted. So if your thinking of teaching anywhere overseas please look into TNT recruitment and consider Korea! It may not sound as exotic as some places but I was always a cheap flight away to the nearest paradise when I had vacation time...and let me tell you there are so many holidays in Korea!!! Plus the pay was really good! Some of the best pay you will find teaching ESL in Asia! So consider Korea, consider TNT recruitment...and just DO IT!!!!

Was this review...?
    Useful: 0 Inspiring: 0

Alumni Interviews

• What originally inspired you to teach in South Korea with TNT?

Kay: There were many contributing factors as to why I chose South Korea with TNT. First, I've always wanted a job that involved adventure and travel! I considered many options, even the Peace Corps. The driving factors for my final decision on South Korea was money. I hate to sound superficial but in today's economy, not landing a decent job that pays well is detrimental!

Another reason was that TNT was very thorough in making sure that all my questions were answered. They even arranged for me to speak to any of the previous teachers that taught at my school. I felt comfortable and safe having TNT as my recruiting agency. I say that because some agencies would contact me and offer me jobs and not even call me to do a telephone interview.

I was worried about being scammed and so I found TNT to be really professional. They even paid for my flight there! Plus just being in Korea I was fairly close to most of the exotic locations. Very cheap flights to places like the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Australia....you name it! Coming from the US travel to a place like that would easily cost about 2 grand if not more. From Korea I was able to fly for only a couple of hundred! One more thing, Korea has so many holidays and vacation days. I was able to travel quite frequently especially with all that money I was able to save! 8)

Describe your day to day activities as as a teacher.

Kay: My job was very rewarding. I started my day usually around 9:30am with milk time. I had rotating classes but my homeroom class would sit with me and have their morning milk. This was kindergarten so it was very hands on with the children. Each student had a class workbook. It involved lots of coloring and art projects. I would finish teaching 4 classes then I'd have an hour for lunch from 12-1.

After lunch I had two more classes then I was finished teaching by 2:00pm. Oh, I must tell you my favorite day of the week at my school was every Friday. Every Friday was fun day!! Meaning we would usually go on field trips or work on very interesting art projects! No teaching on Fridays. Overall, my job was to teach basic phonics while interacting with the kids in English. This was very beneficial for me in learning to speak Hangul too!

How has this experience impacted your future?

Kay: This experience has made a huge impact on me personally, of course! Being a "foreigner" isn't always easy and can be very frustrating at times. So I learned that I was capable of being able to adapt in different environments and from that I was able to incorporate a new culture into my life.

It's easy to sit at home and read about places or see places from a television, but until you actually go out and live it you will never get the entire picture. Also, I was able to meet many like-minded and not so like-minded friends! Friends that I hope to keep in touch with for a very long time. No matter what continent we came from, what political ideologies, or interest we had, at the end of the day I could come sit down with many different personalities for dinner or go out for drinks. The bottom line was we were all there in this town doing the same thing. They became my family away from home!

The last day of school seeing my "children" cry and telling me not to leave just drove it home for me as to what an impact I made on their lives. They would write me little cards everyday telling me they loved me and stuff ...ya know the cute stuff kids do but it didn't hit me until I saw them crying on my last day! Professionally, my experience in South Korea is a game changer! An experience like this will open up so many more doors for employment! It could be a determining factor whether they chose me over someone else.

About the provider

The TNT (Teacher & Teachers) Recruiting Agency is looking for ESL teachers to teach in South Korea. Potential Teachers are required to be a native English speaker and hold a valid passport from the United Stated, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, New Zealand or Australia. Teachers must also be in possession of a bachelors degree from an accredited university. Check out the program listing below to see more information.