Lead-Adventures - Volunteering in the Galapagos Islands

By Lead-Adventures   Reviews (2)   90% Rating

Be more than a tourist! Great value, local expertise and responsible travel make these programs unique. You will have the opportunity to taste the "true" insights of this region of the world while learning and experiencing people's lives and the environment.

Island hop, volunteer and travel in Galapagos! All in one experience! Participants of this program will be working during their first week on Santa Cruz Island. During their second week, participants will be on San Cristobal Island. You will end your program on the fascinating island of Isabella .

One, two, and three week options are available. For the three week option, all meals, lodging, and transportation is included once you get to the islands. Roundtrip airfare and the park entrance fee is additional but can be arranged through us.

The True Galapagos Experience: For people who are looking for more than just the average cruise trip or for whom the idea of being "stuck" on a boat is not appealing. Outdoor, wildlife and conservation enthusiasts are a great fit for this trip. Ideal for individuals, couples, families or groups.

Custom Trips

All our programs can also be tailored or customized to fit our participants' needs. We want you to not only visit Ecuador and Galapagos, we want you to truly experience them!

Family Volunteering: Lead Adventures offers the opportunity for you to travel and volunteer together as a family in any of the four amazing regions of Ecuador: Amazon, Andes, Coast and the Galapagos Islands.

Grown Ups: Lead Adventures offers our Grown Up participants and volunteers, those who are 35 years old and older the opportunity to participate in any of the multiple programs we offer with the added comfort that adults seek. You will have the chance to learn about and share your knowledge of biodiversity, environmental conservation, social causes, organic agriculture, animal welfare, and community building.

Program Info

Cost:
See site for details.
See Additional Information
Cost Description:

Roundtrip airfare is 435.00 and park entrance fee is 115.00 additional. Airfare can be arranged through us.

Languages:

Age: 31-50
    UK
    Excellent experience
    05/03/2012

Was stationed at the greenhouse in the highlands of Santa Cruz island. Volunteering in planting Galapagos coffee and lemon was inspiring. Labour intensive but good fun. Rewarding-feeling to be able to contribute to society in my own way.

Was this review...?
    Useful: 2 Inspiring: 2
  • Natalia
    Age: 19-24
    Copenhagen
    Unforgettable Galapagos Experience!
    11/01/2011

My trip to Galapagos was thoroughly amusing! ! It is such an amazing and unique place, where you can volunteer, see the improvments and at the same time enjoy getting to know Ecuadorian culture and interesting personalities not only from Southa America but also volunteers from all over the world. I was very happy that I was able to learn so much and actually participate in conservation projects. I have always wanted to visit the Galapagos but could not justify being a tourist without helping this delicate habitat.
    Lead-adventures provided me the perfect opportunity to visit four different islands, see so many interesting species and also help out with conservation work! Traveling with Lead Adventures let me discover Eciador not only from the turist side- but aloso from teh side of Eciadorian People. Living with the families, learning spanish, eating traditional food- really unforgettable.
    Although the work was physically demanding, some of my best memories on the trip were during the project days. I met so many people from all over, and their stories were intriguing and inspiring. I hope to continue conservation work in the future.

In addition to the work, the organised trips were amazing. I know I couldn't have planned some of the adventures we had participated in and I'm so grateful that Lead-adventures was so good at providing scheduled activities, along with meals and transportation.

What is the most important Volunteering with Lead-Adventures let me open my eyes - appreciate more what I have and see the need of helping others.

Was this review...?
    Useful: 2 Inspiring: 2

Alumni Interviews

• Why did you decide to volunteer abroad with Lead Adventures in Ecuador?

Galapagos tortoise
    See awesome wildlife like tortoises in the Galapagos

Alex: I have been wanting to go to the Galapagos Islands for some time, not just as a tourist, but as a volunteer helping to contribute to local community needs. I simply researched the organizations offering volunteer programs in the Galapagos, and Lead Adventures had a good balance between working and seeing the islands.

What advice do you have for future volunteers?

Alex: Go in with an open mind and willingness to contribute where you can. Also remember everything works different than at home so don't expect things to be the same or easy; you will challenge yourself with your comfort zones.

What made this volunteer abroad experience unique and special?

Alex: We were on the Galapagos Islands, and I was able to stay longer on my own in order to continue exploring and interacting with the unique wildlife and local culture. This experience reminded me that these kinds of activities are what I want in my lifestyle.

About the provider

LEAD Adventures has been around since 2004 and knows Ecuador intimately!

We are passionate about Ecuador, Galapagos & Peru. We are true in country specialists and believe most abroad agencies can not offer people an authentic experience of a place unless they really know it themselves. Most agencies abroad are part of big tourism corporations and have lost the unique personal touch our kinds of experiences require.

We do not want you to just visit a place, we want you to truly experience it!

So far we have given over 3300 people just like you an adventure in South America that they will never forget.