Volunteer projects in New Delhi, India

By Volunteering India Programs   Reviews (9)   96% Rating

Join Volunteering India to travel and make a difference in New Delhi, India! Volunteering India offers a variety of types of volunteer projects. Volunteering India works with local organizations to guarantee the most positive social impact possible. Volunteers can work with in many different fields including: teaching, childcare, women's empowerment, orphanage work, and more. Volunteering India offers their programs throughout the year starting at $249 USD. Projects can last from one to 8 weeks, summer and group/family trips are also popular. Check out the Volunteering India site for more information!

Program Info

Positive
Leave a Review
  • Fien Bouwmeester
    Rotterdam, The Netherlands
    The most impressive week of my life
    06/04/2015

For me, the highlight of my week in India was definitely the interaction with the children at the schools. Their enthusiasm was extremely contagious :-). I also enjoyed the sightseeing. It was a lot of walking for us, especially since we're not used to the heat and those distances, however, this couldn't ruin the fun!

The walking distances.

• Merel Goergen
    Rotterdam
    An amazing week in New Delhi
    06/02/2015

The whole trip was amazing ! In the first days we visited temples, some with many decorations and some that had not that much decorations. We also went shopping at the market so we could buy some things for our families. After these days we were starting to paint and teach at the schools. We also played games and sang with the children. This was super fun to do with all the sweet children. I realy enjoyed my time in New Delhi and I would love to come back !

Photos:
  • Saskia Vingerling
    Delft
    University of Wisconsin
    Excellent staff and lovely projects make this an unforgettable experience
    06/01/2015

Our school has come to Delhi several times to participate in the program and we have loved all of our trips. The staff are wonderful and ensure a safe and enjoyable stay for our students. The projects are well run and very worthwhile. The teachers at the schools are very dedicated to their students and we feel welcomed into their world for the duration of our stay.

How could this program be improved?

For returning groups it would be nice to reduce the registration fee or something similar. Especially since our yearly trip is only for 8 or 9 days each time the registration takes up a big chunk of our budget. The accommodation fees are excellent and worth every penny! We do understand that the fees are already low and the services provided are excellent.

• nikki
    the netherlands
    ?
    05/28/2015

I reallyy liked the kids and the people. Just think they need more structure so they don't havr to start iver each time a new volenteerer comes in.so thats all . But i really enjoyed being with those lovely kids. I learned a lot and i hope the kids did too.

How could this program be improved?

1 structural way of lessons. In stand of: every volenteerer just do someting. The kids need a lesson structure so they can mive in and improve their skills.

• Tamara
    Rotterdam, the Netherlands
    New Delhi
    05/28/2015

I loved seeing New Delhi's temple, they were so beautiful!! Also, helping at the schools was an amazing experience; the children were so lovely and the staff at the schools were very helpful! I'm glad that I could spent time with these people. In my eyes, I would've liked to spent even more time helping at the schools in Delhi. I'll never forget this trip, it has been so much fun.

Photos:
  • Sarah
    Age: 19-24
    PA
    Pennsylvania State University
    Such an amazing experience
    10/15/2012

This experience was wonderful and taught me so much about life and myself that I couldn't learn in school. I met amazing people and learned a lot about a completely different culture. I will always hold this trip close to my heart.

• Chantal
    Leiden, The Netherlands
    Unforgettable and wonderful experience in India
    09/12/2012

I had a very good experience with volunteering in India. To work with the children and the staff on the center for street children gave me a good opportunity to learn about the Indian culture. It was great to see smiles on the kids faces everyday when we arrived in the morning and did activities with them, especially because they already had/have such a troubled live. It gives hope they were in good hands in the center and that they can still enjoy small things and have opportunities for the future. The language barrier was a bit difficult in the beginning, but after some basic Hindi words and with mimics, this was also overcome. The most difficult thing was to having to say goodbye to this children and the wonderful people at the center and other people we met in Delhi.

• stefania cattaneo
    como, italy
    i worked as volunteer in a street children program and i like it very much. it's been a different way to know and understand another culture and to really live it.
    09/12/2012

i enjoyed every moment i spent with the children and the staff and i learn what means be happy just for a touch, a kiss or some attention, something that too often we take for granted.
    did this experience change me? yes it did, not in a big way, but in the little things, like give a smile or be ready to listen what people has to tell me, to find the time to look around and see if someone needs my help, to be happy for what i have.
    i lived in the volunteer house and the staff has been very kind and helpful, as the local people. i felt safe in the house and outside, never be afraid to go around alone.
    what else to say? it's been a great experience that i hope to do again in the future and something i would like to suggest to everyone.

• Caroline
    Venlo, the Netherlands
    awesome programme
    09/12/2012

I didn't know what to expect when I came to India.I had the best experience ever, wish I could do this every year. India is a beautiful country with real nice and concerning people.It was maybe the best experience of my life. I had so much fun and I will never forget the time! Volunteering India was also supportive and helpful to me, overall. Small, but reputable organization.

About the provider

An effort, as small as spending time helping others, can go a long way in bringing change in lives of many. The sheer feeling of accomplishment or joy that you get by lending a helping hand to people and organizations can be quite overwhelming.

We at Volunteering India, provide you with the opportunity to participate in projects dealing with health, community development, child education, disadvantaged residents and many more. We aim to improve the living conditions of the locals in India and need your support for doing so. These projects will not only help the less fortunate but also help you as a volunteer to know another culture, may be another language and make new friends for life.