IVHQ offers highly affordable volunteer programs in Lima, Peru. A wide variety of projects are available, including teaching, childcare and medical work. Depending on placement, volunteers stay either with a host family or at a volunteer house.
Current IVHQ Volunteer Projects in Lima:
- Teaching English: Fill the high demand for English teachers by volunteering to teach English in Lima.
- Childcare Work/Special Needs: There is a significant need for volunteers at orphanages and community centers in Lima.
- Medical: Volunteers provide healthcare services to under-served communities. Some experience is required to participate in this program.
- Construction/Renovation: Help build homes for underprivileged families, or repair flooring, roofing, and plumbing. Work could also include gardening, painting, or making improvements to community buildings.
- Volunteer anywhere from 1 to 24 weeks
- Programs in Peru start on the 1st and 15th of each month
- IVHQ's program fees in Peru are extremely affordable, starting at just $180/wk
- Volunteers will either stay with a host-family or a volunteer house depending on placement.
- Learn more about IVHQ programs by reading the great reviews and interviews IVHQ alumni have left about their incredible experiences in Peru
Questions & Answers
About the provider
IVHQ (International Volunteer HQ) provides safe, unique, meaningful and extremely affordable volunteer programs in 30 countries around the world, with a constantly expanding base. Programs are available in Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and the Pacific, where IVHQ works alongside local NGOs to provide meaningful volunteer opportunities. Currently, IVHQ has programs in Bali, Mexico, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Colombia, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Brazil, Ghana, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, South Africa, Morocco, China, Nepal, India, Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, Victoria Falls, Madagascar, Sri Lanka, Laos, the Philippines, Romania, Italy and Fiji!
Whether you're taking a volunteer vacation, a gap year, or on a career break, IVHQ has a wide variety of programs ranging from 1 week to 24 weeks to fit anyone's schedule. Browse through the programs below and visit the IVHQ website for more information.