IVHQ offers highly affordable volunteer programs in Lima, Peru. A wide variety of projects are available, including teaching, childcare and medical work. Depending on placement, volunteers stay either with a host family or at a volunteer house.
Current IVHQ Volunteer Projects in Lima:
- Teaching English: Fill the high demand for English teachers by volunteering to teach English in Lima.
- Childcare Work/Special Needs: There is a significant need for volunteers at orphanages and community centers in Lima.
- Medical: Volunteers provide healthcare services to under-served communities. Some experience is required to participate in this program.
- Construction/Renovation: Help build homes for underprivileged families, or repair flooring, roofing, and plumbing. Work could also include gardening, painting, or making improvements to community buildings.
- Volunteer anywhere from 1 to 24 weeks
- Programs in Peru start on the 1st and 15th of each month
- IVHQ's program fees in Peru are extremely affordable, starting at just $180/wk
- Volunteers will either stay with a host-family or a volunteer house depending on placement.
- Learn more about IVHQ programs by reading the great reviews and interviews IVHQ alumni have left about their incredible experiences in Peru
Questions & Answers
Hi Laurie, according to the IVHQ website, "Volunteers in Lima are accommodated with other volunteers, in either avolunteer house run by a the local coordinator's family or in a homestay." "Vo… Read moreAnswered by Mallory on 02/22/2016
Hi Sarah, You just need to be 18+ or travel with a parent/guardian. Hope this helps!Answered by Mallory on 01/14/2016
EmmaAge: 19-24FemaleYorkshire, EnglandTrip of a lifetime !!12/21/2015How could this program be improved?
The programme was great, the only thing I would say is to do the orientation as soon as people get to the house as for me having the weekend before orientation i figured out most of what we had to do from other volunteers.Response from IVHQ
Hi Emma, It's great to hear from you. We are glad that your experience in Peru was such a positive one. Thanks for being an IVHQer!
JennaFemalePerfect break from your routine to leave a positive impact12/04/2015How could this program be improved?
I would recommend this program to lay out an "agenda" for the week for each volunteer so everyone has a clear idea of the tasks being asked of them during the week and they can plan their trips to various areas of Peru accordingly.Response from IVHQ
Hi Jenna, Thanks for sharing your feedback and photos. It sounds like you had a really memorable experience in Lima which we love hearing. Thanks for being an IVHQer!
MorganAge: 18 or youngerFemalePort Hope, Ontario CanadaOtherLima Discovered11/30/2015How could this program be improved?
The only complaint that I have is that the person that was suppose to pick me up at the airport was actually upstairs with another volunteer they had picked up. I was terrified when I arrived at the airport with no one to pick me up. I hadn't volunteered with Ivhq or known anyone that had. Being 18 and traveling alone for the first time was already scary but having no one to pick me up at the airport was even scarier.
About the provider
IVHQ (International Volunteer HQ) provides safe, unique, meaningful and extremely affordable volunteer programs in 32 countries around the world, with a constantly expanding base. Programs are available in Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and the Pacific, where IVHQ works alongside local NGOs to provide meaningful volunteer opportunities. Currently, IVHQ has programs in Mexico, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Colombia, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Brazil, Ghana, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, South Africa, Morocco, Victoria Falls, Madagascar, Bali, China, Nepal, India, Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Laos, the Philippines, Fiji, Romania, Italy, Spain and Portugal!
Whether you're taking a volunteer vacation, a gap year, or on a career break, IVHQ has a wide variety of programs ranging from 1 week to 24 weeks to fit anyone's schedule. Browse through the programs below and visit the IVHQ website for more information.