Go Overseas is seeking a Marketing Executive to join our team. This part-time position can be based out of our Berkeley, California office, or can be remote for the right candidate. This role will require 15-20 hours of availability per week, during normal business hours in the Pacific time zone.
Go Overseas was founded with the goal of empowering more people to spend time overseas in pursuit of meaningful travel experiences. This role will serve as an integral, front-facing part of the marketing team and report directly to the Marketing Manager, though our team is small and there’s lots of opportunity to interact with other team members and grow with the company.
- You’ll orchestrate our social media efforts. Right now, this means creating posts for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You’ll use existing systems to craft and schedule posts to promote both written and visual content to our followers across the world.
- You’ll regularly interact with the community in two primary ways: helping moderate our Go Overseas Facebook group and replying to comments on our articles.
- You’ll work with writers to edit their drafts and solicit improvements to articles as needed. You’ll do this under the supervision of the Managing Editor.
- You’ll work on the back-end of the Go Overseas website to prep finalized articles for publication.
- You’ll bring creative, fresh, new ideas to the Go Overseas team about our current marketing efforts and where we can improve.
We know that ‘years of experience’ don’t always correlate with the kind of knowledge we’re looking for, so we don’t have that requirement. If you feel competent to discuss ideas and strategy, we want to hear from you. Other qualifications we’re looking for:
- Strong familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, as well as the analytics each platform provides. Bonus if you know about advertising on those platforms.
- Strength in copywriting. If you rock at getting your point across in 140 characters or can craft engaging long-form Instagram captions, highlight those for us in your cover letter.
- Community management experience. If you’ve managed a Facebook group or moderated comments/forums, highlight this in your cover letter.
- Editing experience preferred but not required. Same goes for technical experience working with HTML and Drupal; highlight that experience in your cover letter if you have it.
- Bonus if you’ve studied/taught/volunteered abroad. Tell us a little about your experience in your cover letter.
How to Know if You’re a Strong Candidate
- Can you discuss the critical differences between social media channels and why our strategy should vary across each?
- Do you know the best tools editors use to improve their own editing skills, and do you use them already in your own writing?
- Do you know the best tools and systems to manage your time and track your progress?
- Are you passionate about travel, with a focus on meaningful travel? Consider some of the ethical issues surrounding travel and your opinions on them; these come up as part of our work and we address them openly.
Commensurate with experience. That said, we know how important this role is to our team and are eager to work with the right candidate.
If you are interested in applying for the Marketing Executive role, email [email protected] with “MARKETING EXECUTIVE” in the subject line. Please use your email as the cover letter, and attach your resume or a link to your LinkedIn profile.