Ask anyone who's visited Scotland -- whether to study abroad or just to travel in the cities or countryside -- and they'll tell you it's a place of stunning scenery, welcoming people, delicious food, and fascinating culture. Yes, you'll see kilts and bagpipes, but you'll also find Michelin-starred restaurants and some of the world's greatest arts festivals. Oh, and we can't overlook world-class universities and academic programs.
So why isn't Scotland at the top of your list to study abroad?
Maybe you've considered Scotland as a possible study abroad destination, and aren't quite sure if it's the right fit for you. We've got one great reason to consider Scotland for your study abroad experience -- and a bunch of other resources to show you why you'll have an unforgettable semester (or year) abroad in Scotland.
You Can Study Abroad in Scotland... for Free
For the first time, we at Go Overseas have partnered with Scotland is Now to sponsor our Scotland scholarship contest. From now through February 10, 2019, you can apply to win one a scholarship to study abroad in Scotland!
Undergraduates from the U.S. are eligible to apply for one $15,000 scholarship, plus free round-trip flights to Scotland. Like other scholarships we've run here on Go Overseas, here's how to enter:
- You need to head over to the Scotland scholarship page to start your application.
- You provide us with some important information, like your name and contact info.
- You browse and select different Scotland study abroad programs you are interested in.
- You submit a creative photo and essay telling us why you should be one of the scholarship winners.
After you've completed your application, we'll review it and get back to you by the end of February, letting you know if you're the lucky winner!
Unsure if Scotland is Right for You
We think Scotland is one of the most easily overlooked study abroad destinations, as many students get distracted by cosmopolitan London in England, glittering Paris in France, or the laid-back vibes of os many Spanish cities where students flock each semester. We've got a good collection of articles to highlight Scotland and what makes it special for studying abroad. These will give you even more info to help you determine that it's the right destination for you:
- A Guide to Studying Abroad in Scotland -- Our handy guide covers all the basics about studying in Scotland that you need to know.
- 10 Things You Need to Know Before Studying Abroad in Scotland -- We asked a Scotland study abroad alumni to share what she thinks you need to know before you go. You might be surprised at the list!
- The 7 Best Cities for Studying Abroad in the U.K. -- This list includes a few Scottish cities to help convince you why they're the best.
- 10 Must-Try Foods & Drinks While Studying Abroad in the U.K. -- Add these British foods to your list once you've settled on Scotland for your study abroad destination (we know you will!).
Are you excited to study abroad in Scotland yet? If so, don't delay! The scholarship applications are only open until February 10, 2019. Good luck!