Work and Travel Australia - Essential Melbourne

Australia
4 travelers are looking at this program

About This Program

Don’t you want to start your gap year or working holiday with a fun-filled week of activities, meeting new friends and making lasting memories?

This package enables you to start your Working Holiday adventure in one of the most stunning harbor cities in the world. This program will get you set up with everything you need when you arrive offering the most comprehensive arrival services and support on the market. When you arrive, we will set you up in a hostel, help you with your phone, and file your tax information. We take all of the hassle out of working in Australia. This "Essential" program adds on a week of activities for you to meet people and explore Melbourne.

Once you are settled and ready to start working, you’ll also get access to our custom built online job board to help you search for work Australia-wide. Alongside that, we will get your availability and when a job opens up we will call you!

Thursday – Day 1: Arrival day. WELCOME TO STRAYA! Congratulations, you have made it to Melbourne! Check in, chill out, and get ready for a week of unforgettable memories!

Friday – Day 2: Orientation: Meet the WTC staff at the hostel reception at 9am and we will take you for your orientation.

Friday night – WTC Famous Pub Crawl: Meeting point WTC Melbourne Office 7pm. Enjoy a few (free!) drinks at some of the best bars that Melbourne has to offer while meeting new amazing people! Please bring your passport for proof of age.

Saturday – Day 3: Explore 2 of Melbourne’s highlight’s today at your leisure:

Skydeck Experience
Experience breathtaking views of Melbourne’s skyline like never before and visit the highest viewing platform in the Southern Hemisphere. This is a great spot to take in all the amazing views of Melbourne. Something to tick off your bucket list!

Melbourne Aquarium – SEA LIFE
No trip to Melbourne is completed without a visit to Melbourne Aquarium.
SEA LIFE Melbourne takes you on an interactive adventure from the depths of the ocean to the icy waters of Antarctica. This is the home to over 10,000 animals, including one of the world’s largest Saltwater Crocodiles.

Sunday – Day 4: Great Ocean Road
Come along on one of the world's most scenic coastal drives, over 200km’s of spectacular adventure with the famous 12 Apostles, wildlife, impressive scenery, mountains, waterfalls and fascinating history. This will be a day you’ll remember forever.
Tea/coffee, biscuits and Aussie lunch is included.

Monday – Day 5: Meet for city walking tour at 9am at the hostel reception. Finishes approx. 1pm.

Tuesday – Day 6: BBQ lunch and beach walk. Meeting point is at the hostel reception at 9:30am. Your BBQ lunch will be at St. Kilda foreshore where you can enjoy the Ocean view, chat, eat some delicious food + drinks and just have a great time together!

Ice Breaker Drinks – 6pm to 8pm – includes some drinks and snacks.

Wednesday – Day 7: Yarra River Cruise - Discover Melbourne from a whole new perspective. Meet at the reception at s at 1pm. Cruise starts at 1:30pm

7 days hostel accommodation included in this package. You have a choice to extend your hostel stay, we can help you find longer term accommodation when you have arrived in Melbourne or you can find something independently also. It's really up to you!

Lunch is provided 2 days of your Essential Melbourne package. All other meals are not provided.

Video

75 F / 48 F
Airports:
Melbourne Airport
( MEL )

Melbourne is the culture capital of Australia and generally considered the more "hip" city in Australia. There is always something to do in Melbourne, as it is always teeming with events like: internationally acclaimed festivals and sporting events. When you aren't at one of these events the city still has a bustling scene filled with museums, cafes, breweries and beaches.

Hosted by Work and Travel Company

Are you ready to embark on an unforgettable adventure?

For nearly 20 years, Work and Travel Company has been helping travellers have unforgettable working holidays or gap years in Australia, NZ, and the UK.

A Working Holiday is about balance; you want to work and make money, but you also want to have fun and travel! We know exactly how important...

• Staff 10
  • Organization 10
Spencer

Melbourne for the year

Being able to leave all the hard work up to WTC was awesome! They supplied me with everything I would need to start living in Australia. I even did the welcome week which I would say was super worth it. I got to have accommodation set up for me, so I would not have to worry about it as soon as I got there. All of the activities we ended up doing too were all things that I wanted to do, and got to cross them off my list of things to do here. I still get emails for pub crawls were it is great to meet fresh faces and have free drinks! As long as you tell them you want to work they will without a doubt find you a job, and if you do not want to wait they have so many options on there job board. They are so willing to help me with anything!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
Have so much more money! My first meal was pizza and beer and cost $35... was not ready for that.