Work & Travel Australia

Work & Travel Australia

Looking to make your gap year in Australia unforgettable? Look no further! Our most popular program, it's the perfect solution for anyone looking to spend a gap year or working holiday in Australia.

What this program includes:

1. Premier Job Placement Service - 12 Month membership to our job service including our job desk in Sydney with 100’s of exclusive jobs, and our Melbourne service centre to assist you with finding work. You'll also get our online job board loaded with 1000’s of backpacker-friendly jobs all around the country, in addition to the placements offered through our job desk. We want you to be able to find suitable work no matter where you travel to!

2. Our Support Services - we take care of everything you need to get started in Oz, including: 3 nights at the coolest hostel in Sydney, free WiFi in Sydney and Melbourne, housing assistance, airport pickup, SIM card, bank account, social activities, internet, travel experts and booking, mailbox, and so much more!

Oceania » Australia » Sydney
Oceania » Australia
Primary Language
Age Max

Hauke
Melbourne

It was excellent

We are three guys from Germany and we had a beautiful time here in Melbourne. Josh and Laura from the work and travel company supported us not just while searching jobs and appartements. They also supported us while planing a travel route and with all other questions that we had. I can just recommend the work and travel company. They're all very smart and nice people who do their best to help you having the best time of your life here in Australia.

Cheers
Hauke

Sophia
Melbourne

My start in Melbourne

When I arrived in Melbourne and was starting my work and travel experience there I was actually really sceptic. Melbourne is such a big and diverse city so that one might get the feeling to get lost in it. How am I supposed to find a job here and be able to save up some money? Therefore I was so glad to be supported by the WTC office in Melbourne. Not only did they arrange some casual jobs for me but also helped me to find something on a more long term base. And of course they made it clear and very easy for me to come over whenever I need an advice wether according to working, traveling or living in Australia. With that help and support I was able to start my gap year very optimistic and motivated. Thanks for that!

Aini
Miranda NSW

From Australia with love

I arrived in Sydney in Australia on the 1st of December 2016 ready to start my adventure. With me I had a big backpack. After travelling for almost 2 days I felt relived to have arrived even though I knew I still had to find the hostel. At the hostel I shared a room with 5 other girls. Little did I know that one of them would become one of my best friends here in oz.

After 1 week in the hostel I attended the information meeting at The Work and Travel office. Here I met a girl from the Netherlands and we decided to attend the 1 week Surf Camp tougether. She is also now one of my friends.

The Work and Travel agency has been there for me since day one and I am very grateful for that. Knowing that I could come and talk to them no matter what I needed to talk about. They would e-mail or call me to check up on how I am doing.

They get a lot of jobs through the agency and I was lucky enough to work with the Captain Cook Cruises for the Vivid festival. It was a great experience that will stay with me forever.

After 6 months in Australia my journey have now changed from being a backpacker to wanting to stay here and build my life here.

Jeanette
Lindau

Ups and down with the best support

I was in Sydney for over then 10 month. i was traveling around cairns, goldcoast, south and west coast and it was beautiful. The travel desk in the office helped me a lot with the panning the trip and it made it really uncomplicated and we was able to enjoy the hole time from our holiday! I had a great trip and saw amazing things.
I was living the hole time in sydeny and I often needed a job. Especially at the beginning, because my English was not really good. The girls done really the best to help me and found me mutiple jobs witch was just fun and good money! Over work and travel I got jobs at a bar in Lunapark, on a party boat, in different wear houses and much more! They also support you with essential tips and tricks for work or just for the life general speaking. Especially Aimee helped me a lot with my life there, because of family problems back at my home country, she was just like a big sister to me. I needed someone to help me from some situation were you normaly just want to be at home. But work and travel make u feel they are there for you in every situation, it's not just a community - it's a big family! They are doing so much more for you then they have to do. Thanks a lot for the great support and for so much fun - I will never forget this amazing time and you guys!

The office gives you a lot of opputiunity. You can make friends and find work together at the desk. Or you can start planning your journey and the friendly stuff is always helpful with news, tips and discounts. They help you from the start till the end and with everything between as well

Elin
Torslanda

Thank you WTC!

What an adventure!
I have been living in Sydney for 9 months and I absolutely LOVE it. Unfortunately it's time for me to leave and I am so thankful for everything that WTC have help me with. They have really made it so easy for me and I had such a good time here thanks to them. Especially thanks to Katerina at the work desk, she have been amazing and can always help you/answer your questions. The other staff members are of course also amazing but Katerina have been outstanding to me!! I always felt welcome. WTC help you with jobs (everything from bartending till work at an amusement park), meet other people that are in the same situation as you, organize trips and so on. Thanks to them I got plenty of jobs opportunities and I can't thank them enough for what they have done, once again especially Katerina! Of course it's been a challenge and always not easy but it's been easier thanks to WTC. If you are new in Sydney and don't know where to go or what to do, go to WTC and I can guarantee that they will be very helpful.

Malin
Kalmar

Gap year in Australia

Before coming to Australia I was scared to travel alone. But With WTC you meet new friends that are in the same situation as you. When I first arrived in Sydney WTC picked me up at the airport and help me set up a bank account and a new plan for my phone. I was in safe hands and I could ask them about anything. They helped me plan and book my travels when I went up the east coast. They made it so easy for me. They know the best places to stay and the things you must see and do during you travels. I had a great time travel in Australia all thanks to WTC. Everything I thought was going to be difficult was easy with WTC´s help. Katerina and Hannah at the work desk are always so nice and friendly, I always felt so welcome. They helped me find work that suits me. I promise you will never get bored. They have a big variation of work and that makes it even more fun. You never know where you will work next time. Some days I´m working as a waitress at the Sydney harbor and the next day I´m doing craft with children. Every new job is a new experience and I love to challenge myself. I have grown so much as a person and worked with jobs I never thought I would, all thanks to WTC.

Blake
University College Dublin

Getting to work all over Sydney with people from all over the world!

Whether its been working in the Star Casino moving Pokies or serving beers and bundy colas at the NRL final in the ANZ stadium, you are always getting the chance to try different lines of work, see all sides of Sydney and work with other backpackers and locals. I've gotten to meet friends for life and make memories that will last a lifetime.
I randomly walked into the office looking for work on a Friday evening before closing and had work on the Monday and haven't looked back since. It's been a fantastic 6 months!

If the pub crawls/meetups with other backpackers were more and wider advertised.

Jack
Sydney, Australia

Does what it says on the tin

The Work & Travel company have been a valuable ally during my stay in Australia. They provide a high level of support for anything relating to work and travel.

"Does what it says on the tin"

When booking travels, they have well traveled agents at hand to help, with plenty of prior knowledge and recommendations. They can also beat the best prices you can find elsewhere.

Finding casual work is done efficiently by the work team. Katerina and Hannah have set me up with shifts for quick cash, which is paid weekly, and I've never had any issues regarding pay.

As working has been a priority for me at times during my travels, I have been a bit overly reliant on the agency for work. They cannot guarantee a steady flow of work. It all depends on their clients requests. I would advise others to not rely on WTC as a soul source for work, but rather use them to supplement other part-time / casual work. Some weeks they can supply a good 5 shifts, others just 1..

Marta
Sydney

Finally in Australia!

I wanted to come to Australia for a very long time, since I can remember really. I figured that in order to actually fulfill this crazy dream of mine, I will need: a lot of time, money and some courage. Completing my research online, I found The Work and Travel Company- it was exactly what I was looking for! Problem solved - take a gap year during your studies at Uni, get a visa, buy a ticket and let the staff of the company take care of the rest. Once I packed my bags and landed in Australia, I was a little worried, how all of this is going to turn out. But the company took care of EVERYTHING. I had transport from the airport, a reservation at the hostel and once I arrived in my room, I already made a few acquiantances and got my new Aussie phone number and details of my bank account. Hence, the first few days I spent entirely on exploring Sydney, making friends and enjoying my stay. Once it was time to leave the hostel, I visited the office of the Work and Travel company. Hannah, Katerina and all the other staff greeted me with an incredible dose of enthusiasm: "Of course we'll help you find accomodation!". BAM - the next day, I already had my room at a shared house! The Work and Travel Company helped me more than I initially thought would be possible. Thanks to their support and interest in my well-being I always felt safe and confident. Thanks to their help I am now employed full-time, capable to live in Sydney and save-up some money for my travels in a few weeks. The staff also helped many of my friends in finding the best deals for their travels- I can not say for myself, I haven't tried yet, but I'm definitely not worried. My experience in Sydney is remarkable, marvellous, one-of-a-kind! I honestly can not say enough to explain to you, my fellow travellers - why it is worth reaching to Work and Travel Company. If I were to turn back time, I would do everything the exact same way. I must admit, that the smiling staff has exceeded my expectations in helping me with all, sometimes unexpected, situations. So If you're like me - a little afraid to travel to Australia alone, worried about organising accomodation, a job and all the important details.. Let the Company take you under their wings and I promise it will be an unforgettable experience! :)

I have no notes.

Magdalena

Why WTC Was A Good Choice

I decided to take a gap year from my studies back at home in Warsaw, Poland. I figured I needed a fresh start, gain new experiences, and meet different people. As soon as I discovered the Work & Travel Company I had no doubt their help would be essential. I wanted to feel safe and look back upon my time in Australia as a great adventure, not a series of difficult, stressful and frightening situations. Thank to WTC I knew that someone had my back and that I could rely on their help whenever I needed it. This was the perfect option, considering I came here from far away, and had no friends or family in Australia I could turn to for help.
It has not been my first time traveling far from home for a longer period of time, and I understood how somethings maybe hard to figure out at first. The cool thing about being a member of the WTC community is that upon my arrival I had everything taken care of in less than two hours. When I came into the office for the first time, the WTC team helped me out with setting a bank account, getting a tax number (essential, if you want to work in Australia), a phone number, and a place to live. Not to mention, that after a looong flight I didn't have to worry about finding transport and a place to sleep to help me get over jetlag in piece.
After three days, I was completely settled in, and all I had to do is find a job. Obviously, like everywhere else in the world, finding a job is an individual task. I found jobs on my own, but the WTC team got me a few casual shifts at a great cruising ships company in the meantime. I ended up enjoying the job very much, and soon I was offered a full-time position at the company.
I owe WTC my piece of mind. They helped making everything easy and enjoyable.
If that is not a good enough reason to become a member, I will remind you of all the discounts that come along with it. The payment for the membership is paying of on all the discounts for trips, accomodation, pub crawls and other experiences.
Overall, thats a BIG YES for the WTC!!!

WTC could make it more clear, that they help in finding casual - one-day jobs. When I came here I thought it would take me a week, two the the most to start working regularly and quickly start saving for traveling. I understand, why it is as it is, but I expected more in that field.

Dennis
sydney australia

Travel saver

I was around 7 months in Australia. I definitely underestimated how hard it could be to find a job with just calling company's or handing out resumes. I got through WTC the opportunity to earn enough money to pay for food, rent and my travels and would head home after a few months without them. Even if it costs a bit money for the membership I already earned that money after my first day at work. The support is excellent and always flexible in case of emergency e.g. if you don't fit in your workplace you were just sent somewhere else immediately. Although it's sometimes quite it's usually possible to have work for an entire week which solved a lot of my problems especially in the end of my journey. You also get the opportunity to meet many different people and work on many different sites.
That was the reason why i extended my membership twice because it was totally worth it and I would work with them even longer if I would stay longer.

The office could open a bit earlier and close a bit later.

Rhodri
Sydney

Work & Work & Travel

I became a returning customer for work and travel when I came back to Australia for my second year visa.
The WTC fun week is the best way to be thrown straight into the must do activities in Sydney with a big group of new friends. It gets you ticking things from your to-do list from day one. Nearly six months later I'm still in touch with most of my fun week group and I'm even living with some of them (we get noise complaints every night).
Probably the first (but not last) great night out I had in Sydney this year was the WTC pub crawl. I really didn't expect to be part of at least 30-40 people cramming into each place. It really set the pace for my working holiday so far.
Since the first week I've been getting consistent work through the jobs desk. Without them it would be seriously hard to get by in Sydney.

Are you ready to embark on an unforgettable adventure?

For over a decade, the Work and Travel Company has been helping travellers have unforgettable working holidays or gap years in Australia, NZ, and the UK.

A Working Holiday is about balance; you want to work