As the first and only climate-focused gap year program, FOCUS capitalizes on the experiential learning opportunities a gap year provides while centering climate change as the catalyst for learning. It will set participants up with a deep and personal understanding of climate change on a global scale and its effects on people and the planet that students will then bring back to their college campus’, their careers, their friends and family or wherever else their path takes them.
FOCUS is also interested in fostering a multi-generational, nationwide network of activated climate enthusiasts to tap into so students can get the support they need for whatever form their activism takes next!
- Earn a full year of college credit outside of a traditional class room
- Experience climate impacts and solutions first hand
- Join a diverse inter-generational alumni network of climate experts and champions committed to supporting your academic and professional journey
- Travel and learn with brave, adventurous, smart, thoughtful, and engaged young people like you
- Emerge with a stronger sense of Self and a path towards a future career that will be both fulfilling and lucrative