NEW: Learn Spanish & Surf in Costa Rica

Learn Spanish & Surf in Santa Teresa – a jungle surf camp hidden in tropical forest yet within a roar of the Pacific Ocean

This program starts on the first and third Sunday of each month, so clients can ‘settle in’ before the program proper starts on Monday morning. As well as Spanish lessons and professional surf instruction and guided/supervised surfing, other programmed activities include hiking so you can explore and enjoy the beautiful hinterland of Nicoya Peninsula and get a real feel for the biodiversity of this special part of the world.

Your experience will be based at ‘Jakera Jungle Surf Camp’ in Santa Teresa where we have created a jungle paradise complete with swimming pool overlooked by a rich tropical forest bursting with wildlife including red squirrels, howler monkeys and tiny magical hummingbirds. We are a 5 min walk from the cool cafes, bars and shops that line the 6km stretch of road and beach that make up Playa Santa Teresa/Playa El Carmen.

• Our beach is one of the top 10 boutique surf beaches in the world!
  • Our jungle surf camp is nestled in tropical forest we share with wildlife including humming birds and monkeys, yet we are only 5 minutes walk from the beach...
  • We work with the local life guards and professional surf instructions so you learn fast and properly - and safely!
  • Our Spanish lessons will help you integrate with your new surroundings and enjoy the hospitality of the famously friendly ticos!
  • Our programs combine accommodation, meals, Spanish lessons, surf lessons (with equipment provided) and a whole bunch of fun including a cool place to chill with our own pool.

Charlotte

Surf, Spanish and Pura Vida. You should be in Costa Rica!!

I came to Costa Rica 'All By Myself' and was worried about not knowing anyone. However, I found that I really had nothing to worry about, the host family and staff are extremely kind and are there whenever you need something. They definitely make you feel at home!!! Learning Spanish is really fun and interactive, and there is plenty of time to practice outside of lessons with locals and the staff. To top it all off; if you are finding it all to tough you can start or end your day with an incredible sunset/sunrise surf, there is really nothing like it. If I had the chance to come back some day I would jump on the plane ASAP!!!

About Jakera Costa Rica

Jakera have been running student programs and delivering travel solutions to clients in Central & South America since the mid 1990’s.

We like to give our clients authentic experiences that bring you into contact with people and environments in your...