CIEE Gap Year Abroad in Santo Domingo, DR – Language & Culture

Jump into the rhythm of The Dominican Republic’slively capital, a bustling city with the laid-back charm of an oceanside resort. “La Capital” will serve as a vibrant setting for your daily Spanish instruction, along with an optional college-level course and your choice of cooking, music, dance, or jewelry-making classes. After class, hit Santo Domingo’s famous beaches, people-watch and snack on empanadas or fried plantains at one of the many outdoor restaurants along Plaza de España.

At home with your Dominican host family, dine on rice and beans and other native cuisine while gaining valuable real-world practice in conversational Spanish.

*You can create a duo program by combining any two CIEE Gap Year Abroad semesters and get 10% off the second semester.

Christina

CIEE Gap Semester in the Dominican Republic

As a result of my gap semester with CIEE, once I started college, I was able to immediately skip to higher level Spanish courses for my Spanish minor. My time in the Dominican Republic gave me the opportunity to learn Spanish in an immersion setting, allowing me to practice my Spanish language skills on a daily basis. The Spanish that I learned during my semester abroad allowed me to feel comfortable enough to being with higher level language courses and confident enough to pursue a minor in the Spanish language.

About CIEE Global Navigator

With CIEE Global Navigator High School programs, the possibilities are endless. As a U.S. high school student, you can study abroad from as little as three weeks in the summer to an entire semester or gap year. With more than 60 programs on five...