There’s a reason tens of thousands of students flock here to study abroad every year. Writers, artists, and composers from around the world have been drawn here for centuries as well. Explore the city’s village-like neighborhoods, and soak up the rich culture all around you.
At home with your welcoming host family, you’ll converse in French, prepare and share meals, and enjoy the everyday life of a native Parisian. When you’re not in class or at home, you’ll have your pick of things to do.
*You can create a duo program by combining any two CIEE Gap Year Abroad semesters and get 10% off the second semester. Apply to a Fall Semester or Academic Year term by our 5/1 priority deadline and get $400 off the cost of your program. Apply to a Spring Semester by our September 1 Priority Deadline and get $400 off the cost of your tuition.
- Live in a local homestay for 24/7 language & culture immersion
- Go on tours of some of the world’s most famous museums, including the Louvre, the Musée d’Orsay, and the Centre Georges Pompidou.
- Hit the literary cafés of the city to celebrate the days of Ernest Hemingway, F. Scott Fitzgerald, and Gertrude Stein
- Take a bike tour! See famous sites and hear famous stories as you pedal through the streets of Paris.
- Take day trips and multi-day excursions to Versailles, Provins, and Alsace