CIEE Gap Year in Paris, France – French Language Immersion for Art Lovers

Everyone dreams of a trip to Paris, but how many get to actually live there like a local? Here’s your chance to enjoy an unparalleled gap year experience in one of the world’s most beautiful and culturally important cities.

This program was designed for the art lover in you, combining language learning with visits to art shows, major museums or guest lectures and workshops. Paris is a unique destination for all things art and architecture. Experience the best the city has to offer first-hand through exciting tours, workshops and exposure to those who influence the local art scene!

Explore the city’s village-like neighborhoods, and soak up the rich culture all around you..

• 15-20 hours per week of French language learning designed to improve real world language skills
  • Build a strong foundation in the core components of intercultural learning. Come home with an improved sense of self and awareness of what shapes others
  • Earn a Certificate of Learning in French, and documented language growth through pre- and post-program testing

Taisia

Excellent bridge between college and work

I had an extraordinary experience with CIEE in Paris as a bridge between college and work. Having completed my university credits a semester early, I spent a fantastic semester learning a new language and culture, as well as becoming more independent and confident with change. The program was immensely supportive and yet gave great freedom to explore whatever interested me most. My experience prepared me like nothing else for the workforce.

Read my full story
Kira

Worth it. Cannot imagine having done anything else!

Taking a gap year was the best decision that I could have made before heading off to college. I have come out a more mature, open-minded, culturally aware and ultimately happier person. I entered college with a sense of accomplishment for already having spent a year in transition and I find that it is already paying off both socially and academically. If anyone is considering taking a gap year, the answer should be yes!

Read my full story