CIEE Gap Year Abroad in Paris, France – Language & Culture

South of France
Biking in Paris
A normal sighting in the whimsical city!
View of Paris
This was taken on my last night in Paris. I sat with friends and watched the Eiffel Tower shimmer just one more time.
CIEE students on a gap year in France
CIEE students on a gap year in France
Take a gap year in France with CIEE
Take a gap year in France with CIEE

There’s a reason tens of thousands of students flock here to study abroad every year. Writers, artists, and composers from around the world have been drawn here for centuries as well. Explore the city’s village-like neighborhoods, and soak up the rich culture all around you.
At home with your welcoming host family, you’ll converse in French, prepare and share meals, and enjoy the everyday life of a native Parisian. When you’re not in class or at home, you’ll have your pick of things to do.
*You can create a duo program by combining any two CIEE Gap Year Abroad semesters and get 10% off the second semester. Apply to a Fall Semester or Academic Year term by our 5/1 priority deadline and get $400 off the cost of your program. Apply to a Spring Semester by our September 1 Priority Deadline and get $400 off the cost of your tuition.

• Live in a local homestay for 24/7 language & culture immersion
  • Go on tours of some of the world’s most famous museums, including the Louvre, the Musée d’Orsay, and the Centre Georges Pompidou.
  • Hit the literary cafés of the city to celebrate the days of Ernest Hemingway, F. Scott Fitzgerald, and Gertrude Stein
  • Take a bike tour! See famous sites and hear famous stories as you pedal through the streets of Paris.
  • Take day trips and multi-day excursions to Versailles, Provins, and Alsace

Taisia

Excellent bridge between college and work

I had an extraordinary experience with CIEE in Paris as a bridge between college and work. Having completed my university credits a semester early, I spent a fantastic semester learning a new language and culture, as well as becoming more independent and confident with change. The program was immensely supportive and yet gave great freedom to explore whatever interested me most. My experience prepared me like nothing else for the workforce.

Read my full story
Kira

Worth it. Cannot imagine having done anything else!

Taking a gap year was the best decision that I could have made before heading off to college. I have come out a more mature, open-minded, culturally aware and ultimately happier person. I entered college with a sense of accomplishment for already having spent a year in transition and I find that it is already paying off both socially and academically. If anyone is considering taking a gap year, the answer should be yes!

Read my full story