EF International Language Courses Abroad in France

EF International Language Courses Abroad in France

Choose between Paris or Nice and immerse yourself starting your very first day with EF. With centers in Paris and Nice, you will not only learn the language, but also live it.

You decide when you would like to start studying, how long you'll be away, your course's intensity level - even how you'll focus your studies according to your own interests and needs. You can earn transferable college credit for courses four weeks and up.

EF’s French schools are accredited by EAQUALS and our courses are recognized by Eastern Washington University, a leading American school for higher education. Globalize your future, boost your international career and prepare for the DELF Exam with a French Language Diploma from EF.

Live in Canada? Visit our Canadian website instead.

Europe » France » Paris
Domestic Airfare
Primary Language
French
Application Fee
Host family accommodations and a meal plan are included in the course price. Contact the Admissions Team for a personalized price quote.

valeria

La vie est belle

As long as I’ve been here I can totally say that I’ve been having the best time of my life, people in school are great, the staff is amazing there always there for you, very supportive all the time.
I also feel that I’ve learned so much French since I got here, I like the classes very much, I think they found a really creative way of teaching and by that I mean that you’re never bored in class and all that stuff.
Honestly I would say that I made the best choice by coming to this school. No doubt.

id like that the app didnt logout by itself

Ana

An Experience

I think that EF is a really great way to be a part of an international community while immersing yourself in French culture. The staff at EF really care about your experience being enjoyable and they make you feel at home. You can really see your progress in class and when talking with your host family. With EF you will have a home base in the center of the city to conquer the language and learn all about Paris.

Annika

Ma expérience

My stay at EF has so far been very great. I am staying in Paris in the semester 17/18. The school is located right in the center of Paris which is super nice. All the other students are very friendly and so far I've made many friends and feel very much at home in Paris. The thing that stands out for my is how fast you make friends, before i came i was very scared about not making friends, but all of my worries has definetly not been redemed. My french is also improving a lot and i can tell that I'm learning new things everyday.

stella
paris, france
University of Kansas

Oui Bien Sûr

My EF experience has helped me to grow in many different ways. I have matured and become much more independent during my time here. Meeting such different people from all over the world has given me a different outlook on everything and kept me open-minded. Living in the residence has given me different responsibilites by living on my own. I have made such amazing friends through EF and now know people all over the world. The staff is very friendly and makes school a very fun environment to be in. The activities they organize keep everyone involved and help you to meet everyone. Although I never studied French before coming here I feel like I have improved quite a lot. I really enjoy that the staff only speaks to us in French because it helps to immerse the students in the language and properly learn it. Overall I really love the EF program and have met people and had experiences I wouldn't trade for anything!

I personally don't think that there is anything to improve with this program. It has completely exceeded my expectations. J'adore EF!!!

rocio
University of Miami

La vie est belle

My experience at EF has helped me to develop abilities such as being more open-minded in terms of living with people from different countries that have different cultures and languages. Its a unique experience because you become more independant and the people from the program make you feel like home. You live many different EF moments that will stay in your heart forever. I feel like i grew as a person as well as a french student, in a few weeks i had already learnt a lot of french thanks to the teachers and staff at EF. Living in a different country as an indepedent peson has made me realise the importance of home, "home is where the heart is". It has impact in the way you look at life and the way you experience life. Before coming to Paris i wasnt really sure if i wanted to come, but once i was here i as very glad i chose to come and live this experience. I dont regret coming to EF Paris because it really is an unforgettable experience where you dont only live, but also learn, have fun, experience...

I know that squeezing my life into a suitcase and moving to another country has been one of the best decisions I've ever made. Because when you leave, when you turn your life into travel and uncertainty, you grow.
You face new challenges, you discover facets that you did not know, you are surprised and you let yourself be surprised by the world. You learn and expand your perspectives. You loosen up and, with a few lessons, you grow in humility. Evolve. You miss ... and you create memories that will no longer leave you.
From the moment you decide to leave, your life becomes a sway of emotions, of the unexpected, of learning and improvisation. The senses never sleep, and for a time you banish the word routine from your vocabulary to give way to adrenaline. New places, new customs, new challenges, new people ... The feeling of starting from scratch should frighten you, but it is addictive.

I wouldnt be able to give advice to the program in order to be imrpoved. Because to me, its a very complete program that fullfils everybody's needs. J'adore EF.

giancarlo
A.T. Still University of Health Sciences

oooh paris

you know i did not have the idea of live in paris,the reason of why i am here was just a brainwave. but now i really can not live with out the city. the french culture is nothing easy to get used to but with the pass of the days, ef, and my host family i woke up every day as i does in my home town the only diferents are clearly the beautifull architecture of the city the uniques monuments that you can not stop waching it

Reiner

EF Paris - A hidden diamond

I was very fortunate to win a prize to the EF facility in Paris, France, this year. In the last year of my current school in Allston, Boston my ability to communicate in french was limited. Though thanks to the Educatuion First language course, I was able to improve my language skills, understand and explore the parisian culture. On the day of my arrival in the local airport; CDG, I was postively suprised when a taxi picked me up and brought me to an extremely helpful and kind host family. Until this day I exalt their dedication to providing a great experience, through them I was also able to add alot of words to my vocab which as a normal french student would have been obscure. The program is very multicultural, I was able to meet new people from all over the world and understand all sorts of different cultures. The staff is extremely nice and there is an overall authentic atmosphere in the (four story) building. It is located in the center of Paris close to Galerie Lafayette, a well known shopping center. From there you can explore the city as you are close to all the sights and interesting activites. Overall I would recommend EF Paris to anyone wants to improve their language skills, meet new people and experience all that Paris has to offer.

My experience was great, but as someone using the MyEF site for the first time, I was taken by suprise as the test timer started without warning. Either than that EF Paris is a formidable establishment.

Oliver
Santa Barbara
Tufts University

EF Paris

I was quite nervous walking into the EF Paris school, but any previous apprehensions I had quickly faded away upon stepping through the door. I was Immediately greeted with a big smile and an enthusiastic "Bonjour!" by a staff member who seemed to love her job a bit too much. After a brief placement test and a walk through the school we, the new students, were given a little tour of the neighborhood where the school is located. The tour culminated on the roof of the famous Galleries Lafayette, one of the largest and nicest shopping centers in Paris, so we could see a view over the city. Even after doing a lot of research and reading/watching all of the reviews I could find, I was still pleasantly surprised with EF Paris.

The school itself is very modern and chic, and it has lots of areas outside of the classroom for students to interact and practice their french. The classrooms themselves are on the smaller side, seating only about 15 students, but this makes for a better learning environment and connection with the teachers. Speaking of the teachers, they are all very passionate about teaching French and making sure you use your new found language skills as much as possible. You can also expect to develope personal relationships with your teachers. For example, I went and watched one of my teachers perform in his improve troup on a Sunday afternoon. Not only was it another way to get out and explore Paris, but it was also great French comprehension practice.

The EF staff does a good job placing students into classes that will challenge them, and my placement felt right from the start. But if you do feel as if you are placed in the wrong class, it is not difficult to switch. You can expect to speak and learn a lot of French in your time here, and if you put in the work, you should expect to leave with a much better understanding of both the French language and culture.

-Oliver Welch

The only major improvement that I can think of would be extending the lunch period.

Harrison
Nice

My Experience at EF Nice

I am from Malibu, CA, USA. I came to Nice in the beginning of 2017 to perfect my French, but also to get a little time away from everything back home. Not only is this trip a study but also a vacation. I love France, I really can't, nor do I think I ever will get enough afit. Paris is such an amazing city that I spent some time in but Nice is a very special city. This place has already made it's way into my heart and it will stay there for the rest of my life. The study experience is truely so special and amazing here at EF; I have been learning so much and meeting the best of friends and relationships that I hope I can hold for the rest of my life. I really will never be able to thank my dad for sending me on such an amazing voyage and giving me the opportunities that I have been given because of him. I am only here for another 2 and a half months but I am going to make each day count because I know when I leave, I will always be wanting to come back.

Michele
Vail, Colorado
University of Southern California

EF Paris

This is an amazing program! I came to Paris without knowing any French and through this program I have learned so much. I am staying at the residence and it is a great location and has very nice rooms. EF has many activities to learn more about French culture and to meet other students. The staff and the teachers are very helpful and they make you feel at home even when you are far away. I highly recommend this because it is a great experience for cultural and personal growth!

Scott
Bethesda, Maryland

scott burns ef paris review

So far, the program has met all of my expectations. Every night I have gone out with EF, it has been a fantastic night! from Mix Club to the Rooftop party, I have made lots of friends from many different countries! the teachers are all very approchable, and they respect me as an adult which I greatly appreciate. Everyone has been very nice to me and I could'nt ask for anything more. I am very excited to see what the program has in store for me in the next 4 months!

Luis
Miami

Friendships for life and Amazing language improvement

Studying at EF Paris was a fast decision for me. Having only bought the program a week before classes started, I was not sure what to expect. From the moment I arrived, I realized I could not have made a better decision. Both students and staff are the friendliest people you will find. Activities are offered daily, giving you the opportunity to interact with other students, learn about different cultures, and practice your french, all whilst discovering the best Paris has to offer. Meeting students that stay for a few weeks or some that will stay for a few months, it is sure that you will make friendships that will last for a lifetime.

Lara
Boston

EF Paris Two-week intensive course

I had an amazing time during my short stay with EF Paris. Number one thing I would recommend would be living in the dormitories (specifically the Palatino residence located in China town). The residence was beyond beautiful, reasonably priced, and I feel that the independence I got from living in an apartment style dorm is a huge part of what made me love my time in Paris. We took care of our own meals (there was a well stocked kitchen with a stove, fridge, microwave), made sure our space was clean and were in charge of our own day outside of school. Although you may get to speak more french in the host families, I found that kids who chose this option were much more limited, especially because they often lived far away and had commitments to their host family that none of the kids in the dorm had.
There is a lot of independence required for this course, you are in charge of showing up to school and managing your time but that's what makes the experience so meaningful.
I would also reccomend going more more than two weeks to get the most out of the school aspect of the stay.
All the staff, especially activities directors, were fantastic. The overall school/social environment was wonderful, I made amazing friends there that I wouldn't trade for anything. Definetly reccomend a stay with EF Paris, great school and great experience.

They could have been clearer from the start about exactly how the language course worked (such as giving us a syllabus).

Laura
Cali

EF la mejor experiencia

La experiencia con EF ha sido unica! esta es una gran oportunidad para no solamente aprender frances, si no que tambien te ayuda a conocer a muchas personas alrededor del mundo y a conocerte a ti mismo. El colegio organiza siempre muchas actividades y esta pendiente de tu desarrollo; El staff esta compuesto por personas increibles que te haran pasar el mejor tiempo de tu vida. EF sera siempre la mejor opcion.

Maria
Mexico

Ef Paris

La neta es de las mejores experiencias que he tenido, la neta es que es como estar en casa lejos de casa, el staff te apoya en todo lo que necesitas y si tienes algún problema siempre te ayudan. Todos los estudiantes están como super abiertos a hacer amigos y conocerte por lo que facilita el estar aca. Es increible por que conoces una cultura diferente, las clases son super didacticas y los profesores son super buena onda.

Shahin
Trondheim

Nuit inoubliable

Pendant le Festival de Cannes, nous sommes allées à Cannes pour passer une soirée. Nous étions au Gotha et nous avons été invité dans le backstage du DJ Steve Aoki ! A 4 heure du matin on est allée dans les lodges backstage et nous avons pris un verre. Après, ils nous ont invité pour aller dans un club exclusif en nous faisant passer par un passage secret. Puis, nous sommes arrivées dans un club où il y avait Leonardo Dicaprio et Rihanna ! Le lendemain matin, nous avons pris un bon petit déjeuner à Cannes et nous sommes rentrer à Nice avec le numéro de Steve Aoki :)

Dans les classes j'aimerais que lors des débats par petit groupe entre étudiants, nous soyons corriger sur notre français.

Blanca
Reus

Une belle rencontre

Le petit ami de ma maman d'accueil est italien et nous avons eu des discussions très sympa. Nous avons bu un coup et il était très drole, il faisait plein de blague, et il était super sympa avec un accent très mignon ! :) Il mélangeait l'italien et le francais et ca me faisait vraiment sourire, surtout qu'avec l'espagnol je pouvais deviner ce qu'il disait mais surtout on a vraiment rigoler !

Juan
Miami, Florida

Amazing experience

I had a great time! The staff and school is amazing, and the city is awesome! Lots of things to see and do. The teachers were absolutely great. I especially loved Marianne Pechabrier's class. Overall it was an exciting and unforgettable adventure. I'd go back right now if I could!

Better organized activities. There were times when I would sign up for an activity, only to be told a few hours later that it had been canceled.

Andrea
Deland, Florida
Stetson University

Best semester I've had

I really do not have enough words to talk about my experience at EF Paris. It was the most amazing semester I've had. I grew up as a person, I matured, and most of all, I made INCREDIBLE friends! I also improved my French so so much, I never thought it would be possible! Also, thanks so much to the EF Paris Activities Office for making my transition as smooth as possible, and I made true friendships with the people who work there.
Merci beaucoup! :)

The host family situation in Paris I find to be very hectic. Many people had problems, including myself. Please stop accommodating people into these host families, they don't feed us properly, they don't treat us properly. We pay a HUGE amount of money, and none of that goes to the host family. At last I did have an amazing host family, but they are not well paid.

Silvia
Virginia
University of Virginia

An experience that I will remember for the rest of my life!

I atended EF Nice and EF Paris. I stayed with host families, where I was able to get truly immersed in the language and French culture. Here you get to practice what you learned in class with natives on a daily basis, so the learning is faster. The host-family makes you feel like at home and it was also nice to live with other EF students.
Both EF schools were great, with awesome professors and activity coordinators that were always there to assist. All professors were commited to their job and the students, so I wouldn’t say that I learned anymore in one city that another! However, the cities were different.
Paris, a beautiful, fast-pace city, has a lot of things to offer no matter what your interests are or what time of the day it is. On the other hand, Nice, a smaller city with a beautiful beach, gives you the opportunity to do short trips to the many cities that lie on the French Riviera, such as Monaco, St. Tropez, and Cannes.
It was a great experience that helped me to meet French as well as international people, develop proficiency in French, and learn about the French culture.

Although the learning experience in Nice and Paris were equally enriching, the physical aspects of the schools were different (Paris being more modern and better-maintained). If I could change something, it would be to make sure to implement consistency in the buildings/classrooms/facilites that the schools offer.

The world is waiting. Learn a language abroad.

See the world, experience a new culture, and make friends from around the world as you prepare for your global future. EF's fun and interactive classes help you learn faster while living the language first hand. Earn