The World Is Your Classroom: Travel + Learn 1-4 weeks

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from On Board.

Embark on an adventure to get out of your comfort zone. Open your horizon and learn unimaginable lessons everywhere you go! The On Boarder experience includes bonding with locals and a first-hand look into the authentic local culture. Broaden your perspective in a foreign destination, meet new people, and grow in a community of curious travelers.

Every day is different. We aim for a mix of traveling, area exploration, meeting locals, mentors, having activities and relaxation.

An example day:

7 am: Wake up. Physical activity (yoga, jogging, playing a game,...)
8 am: Breakfast - e.g. in Colombia we had hot chocolate, arepa and tamal. Check-in with the group. Personal time.
9 am: Discover local communities living very remotely.
1 pm: Lunch with local cuisine.
2 pm: Peer-to-peer / shared learning + teaching.
6 pm: Mentors workshops / learning talks.
8 pm: Dinner prepared together. Telling life stories while eating.
8.30 pm: Day end. Reflection time, free time, mingle time.

Marion

On Board Colombia March 2015 : a very very very dense and unforgettable experience!

What can I say about On Board?

I was a pioneer of this new organization that sees the travel as a learning experience, and I must say I am proud of that! I traveller for 1 month with the On Board team (Marcela Camilo and Alex), and other amazing people who, like me, had lots to share and a very special way to see life and their own story.

Because yeah, Travelling with On Board could change the story of your life! It is an experience where you will learn a lot about the country you visit, about the way people live or used to live, and about yourself and the way you can change little by little the way you see life and it's infinite struggles, it's big emotions and it's incredible ability to CHANGE.

It is for me a very beautiful anD important point of On board, this will to CH ange our preconceptions of a place and of ourselves. Basically, some kind of "opening your consciousness" to what is happening in the country you visit and in many interesting topics such as human rights association, health or nutrition habits, business création, personal habits, remote working, how to overcome struggles and how to become a real On Boarder, always ready to learn and share about everything!

Thanks y gracias On Board por lo que me hicieron descubrir!

Gracias for what you made me discover!

The way the team on board *checks* that people understood well what they have learn during the day or during the travel.
Some kind of written activities or a journal or something to give back at the end or something to create tmduring the travel that will REALLY be done and be something we can rely on after the trip.
It is super intense and goes fast so I think IT is very important for On Boarders to write down thoughts and new learnings they have, but also decisions, or addresses, websites, contacts and so on.
It is possible that they have already put that in place for the next trip in Slovenia!

About On Board

On Board is a mobile outdoor classroom, a transformational experience in which we use traveling as the most authentic way of learning and creating a positive impact in the communities we visit. It's the metaphor of a school bus traveling and using...