Language Courses Abroad in Italy

By EF International Language Centers   Reviews (9)   97% Rating

Explore the magic and mystery of the Eternal City – from the ancient landmarks like the Colosseum and Pantheon to the backstreet trattorias that serve world-class cuisine. Learn Italian at our school located in the Navona District.

You decide when you would like to start studying, how long you'll be away, your course's intensity level - even how you'll focus your studies according to your own interests and needs. You can earn transferable college credit for courses four weeks and up.

EF’s Italian school is accredited by EAQUALS and our courses are recognized by Eastern Washington University, a leading American school for higher education. Globalize your future, boost your international career and prepare for the CILS or CELI Exam with an Italian Language Diploma from EF.

Europe › Italy › Rome
Primary Language
Italian
Age Max
Cost
Host family accommodations and a meal plan are included in the course price. Contact the Admissions Team for a personalized price quote.
0.00
Language Courses Abroad in Italy

Rating Values

Ingeborg
Amsterdam
Hogeschool van Amsterdam

La bella città eterna

Overall 9

For the past 10 weeks I have been studying the Italian language course at EF Roma -- definitely one of the best decisions of my life! After graduating from university I wanted to do something different for a little while before starting in the big bad scary world of working life, and as the Italian language has always intrigued me doing a language course to me felt like the best option.
I signed up at EF after a recommendation of a friend, and it has most definitely been an truly unforgettable experience, one I wouldn't want to have missed for the world.
In only 10 short weeks I learned all the basics of the language, and was able to speak, listen, write and read at a decent level, pretty impressive since I didn't speak a word before coming to Italy. All of this is thanks to the amazing staff at EF who patiently and clearly explain everything and convince you that you're able to speak much more than you think.
But to me the school was more than just a place to learn and study: it was the epicentre of social activities organised by school, but also a great way to meet new friends from all over the world.
I for one have definitely made lots of memories I will never forget and friends I will always stay in touch with.
Perhaps it seems a little intense to leave your home for a place you're unfamiliar with, especially when it is for a longer period of time. But with EF Rome there's a warm, welcoming environment waiting for you on the other side. There's so many nice things to say that I can't even decide what to say except from just go there and see for yourself :)

Mibong
Jinju
Academy of Art University

Una delle esperienze più belle della mia vita (One of the best experiences of my life)

Overall 10

Sono andata due volte a Roma per imparare l'italiano alla scuola EF, la prima volta nell'agosto 2014 per un mese e l'anno seguente dall'estate 2015 per altri otto mesi. È stata una delle esperienze più belle della mia vita. Durante i miei soggiorni a Roma ho potuto conoscere persone eccezionali provenienti da tutto il mondo e ho imparato tante cose, non solo l'italiano. Siccome ho imparato l'italiano dagli insegnanti eccezionali, il mio italiano migliorava sempre di più. Mentre lo imparavo da loro, ero molto felice. E ho imparato soprattutto la gratitudine perché molte persone mi hanno aiutato. Dopo la scuola oppure il fine settimana participando qualche attività ho potuto fare molte amicizie profonde.

Adesso sto studiando pittura in Accademia di Belle Arti di Perugia. L'esperienza che ho acquistato a Roma per me è molto significativo perché era un passo importante verso il mio sogno che è quello di dipingere felice in Italia. Per questo ne sono grata. A volte mi manca tanto questo dolce periodo di Roma!!

TRANSLATION:

I went twice to Rome to learn Italian at the EF school, the first time in August 2014 for a month and a year from summer 2015 for another eight months. It was one of the best experiences of my life. During my stay in Rome I have known exceptional people from all over the world and I have learned so many things, not just the Italian. Since I have learned Italian by outstanding teachers, my Italian improved more and more. While I was learning from them, I was very happy. And I learned above all the gratitude that many people have helped me. After school or on weekends, I made deep friendships through extra activities.

Now I'm studying painting at the Academy of Fine Arts in Perugia. The experience I acquired in Rome for me is very significant because it was an important step towards my dream is to paint and be happy in Italy. For this I am grateful. Sometimes I miss so much this sweet period of Rome!!

Sabrina
Liège

My two shorts weeks in Bella Roma

Overall 9

In only two weeks, I spent so much great times in this beautiful city ! You meet some new people everyday from all over the world. The staff will do everything for you to be comfortable in the school, your class, and your accommodation !
One thing I really appreciated is that I felt independent during my free time. I loved spending time during school's activities and also losing myself in the streets of Rome, it's a beautiful way to discover the city :) ! I also loved the school's activities because they're not just about visiting the most famous places. The staff will make you discover a part of Rome that you didn't know, and mostly unknown to tourists.
If you still hesitate, just... don't ! Go ahead ! You have the opportunity to study in one of the most beautiful cities in the world and this school is perfect to learn you the Italian language and culture ! Just prepare your stomach... you'll eat.. a lot !

Daniel
San José, Costa Rica

Roma Roma Roma

Overall 10

Without any doubt, the best decision of my life. The staff unbelievable, both support and teachers, my host family was incredible, true Italian hospitality. It's amazing how easily you're able to bond wI think other students and make lifelong friends. I had the time of my life, those months are something I will remember fondly for the estimate of my life! Rome's a city full of secrets, 50 years wouldn't be enough to see secrets all of it, but EF makes a really good job helping you make the most of it! 10/10 would recommend to anyone!

Insaf

Happy EF Stay

Overall 10

I hae really enjoyed my stay at Rome. All the EF crew was kind and helpful. The teachers were motivated.. The school'slocation is perfect, it allows you to discover some sightseeing around.
Even the activities were amazing.
My host family was so kind and open minded people.
I can say that the whole experience was a dream come true as it is for many other EF students.
Still have things to discover but

Jéssica

Rome with a R ou a H?

Overall 10

Rome is definitely my HOME. When I talk to my friends about Rome they think that I’m crazy or I’m overreacting. They do not understand it. Choosing Rome was the best decision I have ever made. The best days of my life was there. I love the city, the culture, the food, the smell AND my mamma italiana. Only who has lived in Rome understands. It is amazing how I felt at home there, more than in my own city.

The staff is great. It was really exciting to study Italian and extra activities were very fun. I have great memories.

When I didn’t have class, I used to go to my favorite spots (Fontana di Trevi, Piazza Spagna e Villa Borghese) just to be alone. It was great hanging out with my friends, but for me, these moments were perfect to feel and observe the Italian life.

I remember my last few days, I was with my girlfriends near Pantheon and we was going to have my last gelato at our favorite gelateria: Giolitti. I suddenly started to cry compulsively. I was sad because I was about to leave. I went back to Rome this year and not felt like a tourist for a moment. For me, it will always be my home.

Laura

Best decision I've ever made

Overall 10

There are no words to describe how amazing EF Rome is! Everyone at the school is so great, you feel like you're at home.

At first I was a little hesitant to go, since it is a whole other culture in another continent but when I say that this is one of the best decisions I've ever made I'm not joking. I met people from all over the world, friends that I know will last forever.

Now, the staff at the school is great! You can tell how much they all love their job and you can feel all the positivity and happiness, they're always checking on you to make sure you're ok and you're comfortable. I think I'll miss the staff as much as I'll miss my friends.

The only complaint I have is that I couldn't stay longer, but since I couldn't I'll definitely come back next year!

It's great as it is!

Rebecca
Rumford, ME
University of New Hampshire

Life Goal: Completed

Overall 10

I can't say enough great things about this program and this school. My goal ever since I was four years old was to learn a second language and in 8 months I went from not being able to speak a full sentence, to conversing with Romans all over the city! I can't count the number of times that an Italian had asked me how long I had been speaking Italian for, and when I answered "only 7-8 months" their jaws would drop and they would reply "E parli così bene?" (And you speak this well?)

I had been to Italy before this trip and found the Italian people so welcoming, kind, helpful, and it really felt like home. The school's location made going sightseeing before or after lessons very easy as well; it is only five minutes to the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, and Piazza Venezia! The school is small, but very well maintained and very modern, so you can expect to watch films, listen to music, and use the internet during classes as well; making the learning experience well-rounded, and helping with your immersion into the culture!

Of course, the best thing about this program are the teachers. They are not only incredibly talented and intelligent, but caring, fun, and helpful. I was as much friends with them as with my fellow classmates and am looking forward to staying in touch with them all!

I can still hardly believe that in only 8 months I was able to go from a level A1 student (a beginner on the CEFR language scale) to a C1 student (intermediate-advanced)! I was also given the opportunity to take the official CELI language exam in the middle of my course to be internationally certified in Italian!

EF Roma gave me the experience of a lifetime. I can't recommend this school highly enough. If you want to learn a second language, immersion classes through the EF program is the way to learn!

In bocca al lupo a tutti!

I would re-visit the contract with the Villa Rosa hotel (it was sufficient for a short stay but a long stay was not as comfortable). I would also love to have been recorded on my first day speaking the small bit of Italian I knew so that I could compare it to the end of my course and view my own progress!

Katy Rose
Fredericksburg, Virginia

Roma e EF

Overall 9

EF Roma is located right in the center of Rome, and you can really feel it. In between classes, which are never long but are mighty informative, you have access to really everywhere in the city. Teachers are fun but still good teachers, classes are long (and sometimes confusing for those completely new to language) but still keep your attention. For those looking for a social scene, EF provides activities all around the city from Wednesday night parties to adventures in Florence, Venice, and many more locations.

The world is waiting. Learn a language abroad.

See the world, experience a new culture, and make friends from around the world as you prepare for your global future. EF's fun and interactive classes help you learn faster while living the language first hand. Earn college credit, participate in an internship, and explore your dream destination abroad. Start any Monday and study from two weeks and up, or join us for a semester or Gap Year abroad.

Community Photos: