Dance Gap Year

Dance Gap Year

The Only Gap Year With A True Dance Focus

Participants get the chance to study different forms of dance like Tango , Ballet, Contemporary, House, Hip-Hop and more. Other major parts of the program include, volunteer projects and cultural activities with local organizations. Each program has a heavy course load both physical and mental that require hours of research, sit in lectures, rehearsals and discussions. There are times that participants will work as individuals and other times as a group. By the end of the program dancers will, teach an open class, choreograph and perform personal works, complete an internship, have a versed portfolio and a network of artistic friends from around the globe.

• Personalized Internship
Teach Abroad
Primary Language
Age Max
Application Fee
Cost includes most meals, dance program, academic courses, travel inside the country, cultural activities and internship.
Cost does not include insurance (travel or medical), flight to host country or country entrance fees.

The most exciting dance experience ever!!

I had such a wonderful experience on this gap year program.I really wanted to know another country's dance community but I didn't have any connection. And one day I found this program.
Since I cannot speak fluent Spanish so I was a little bit worried to go to Argentina but I had a great support from the program and ended up with the most amazing trip ever in my life. It was a pleasurable moment to communicate through dance even though we cannot communicate verbally, and we were able to share a love of dance each other. If you already know what you love and if it's 'dance', this is the program you should choose. The memory of communicating and expressing yourself through dance (universal language) will be the treasure of your life!

Argentina Is A Beauty

It was a great time meeting new people who love dance. The folklore dancing especially the partnering Samba is so beautiful with scarves. Buenos Aires is cool very spread out and Cordoba is cool because you can walk around the city center. The dance and circus classes have really cool spaces. Classes have different levels and there are always live shows around the city. Food is really good especially if you like meat and pasta. The nature side is so beautiful and tranquil. It was a good time and I met some cool people.

I would have liked to have more free time and maybe having more options of stay. I was a home stay but would have liked to be in a place with a group of others traveling.

About Dance Gap Year

WHAT WE PROVIDE AS EXPERIENTIAL EDUCATION Dance Gap Year offers dancers the chance to explore movement, creativity, collaboration, community and personal development while traveling the world. Pizarts, the founding company of Dance Gap Year, located...