Experteer Your Accounting & Finance Skills Anywhere You Want to Travel

These are secondary school students at a local school in Ghana.
While I was there, some college students from the US brought books for CIMS students. This is the book exchange ceremony.
This is a CIMS class. Dr Addae and I are seated in the front row.

When you volunteer your expertise across the world, you make yourself and the world a better place. Our team here at MovingWorlds has a name for that, and we call it Experteering.

When you sign up to become a MovingWorlds.org member you'll get access to accounting, finance, and impact investing projects around the world. If you have a hard time finding a project that is right for you, don’t hesitate to let us know. Our matching team is here to help you find a life-changing project that is mutually rewarding for yourself and the organization you work with.

Caeer Growth for Social Impact Fellowship — Now Accepting Applications

Michael

Moving Worlds Experteering

I thoroughly enjoyed experteering with Moving Worlds. I traveled to Ghana in West Africa and worked with Dr. Addae and his staff at the College Of Integrative Medical Sciences (CIMS) in May of 2014. I first became aware of Moving Worlds after meeting co-founder Mark Horoszowski at a Lean Start Up Conference. Mark and the staff worked with me throughout the process of learning about the organization and opportunities available. I was matched and had great training before actually travelling. I had spent almost 30 years in accounting and wasn't sure that I wanted to continue in the field. I was also looking for an overseas experience where I could have an impact in educational and/ or healthcare environments. This was the perfect match. I spent three weeks there photographing different situations and listening to people tell there stories. Also I was able to help with budgeting and other financial issues. The experience showed me that I still want to work in accounting - just in ways that I haven't done before. I would highly recommend Moving Worlds because of the opportunity to give back and because of the excellent resources and people within the organization!

No suggestions. Wonderful organization with great people and awesome resources!

About MovingWorlds

Find skills-based volunteer opportunities in any country that never charge you additional fees. Working like a matching site, MovingWorlds connects you to startups, schools, nonprofits, or other social impact organizations that will give you a free...