CIEE Gap Year Abroad in Seville, Spain – Language & Culture

CIEE Gap Year Abroad in Seville, Spain – Language & Culture

What will you find in Seville? The world’s largest Gothic church. The tomb of Christopher Columbus. The oldest bullring in Spain. One of the warmest, sunniest climates in Europe. And more than 1,000 tapas bars. What’s not to love?

Seville is famous for flamenco dancing, bullfighting, and a festive atmosphere year-round. It’s also known for being very friendly and an ideal place for study abroad. Although it’s historic and culturally important, Seville has fewer tourists than you’ll find in most other Spanish cities. Large enough to offer major culture and art, it’s also small enough to easily navigate.

*You can create a duo program by combining any two CIEE GAP Year Abroad semesters and get 10% off the second semester.

Europe » Spain » Seville
Some Activities
Travel Insurance
Primary Language
Spanish
Program fee includes iNext travel insurance. Full inclusions and discount opportunities are found on our website.

$100,000 in scholarships available, only through CIEE.
Sevilla

Reilly
Atlanta, GA
University of Georgia

GO!

My GAP year in Spain thought me way more about myself than going straight to college ever would have. While living in Sevilla I met amazing, interesting people who helped shape who I am today, including my loving host family. I gained the incredible skill of speaking a second language and I felt more prepared for the next step in my life, college. Whenever anyone tells me that they're thinking about going abroad, without hesitation I say "GO." Travel let me be my true self and I will carry that with me wherever I go next.

Abigail
Crystal Lake, IL
University of San Diego

CIEE GAP Year - 100% Recommend

The GAP year experience in Seville, Spain is one I'll never forget. It taught me to be independent, culturally sensitive, and adventurous. The people I met through CIEE have become some of the most important people in my life, and I will never take that for granted. I recommend the program to anyone! My language skills improved tremendously, as well as my overall knowledge of the country. Living and breathing the Spanish lifestyle from day to day led me to get to know my host city in ways I never thought possible. I loved Seville so much that I have returned for another study abroad experience in Spain. The experience has changed the way I view global education and its impact on students.

Simona
Cincinnati, OH
Tulane University

Life- Changing Experience

My time in Sevilla, Spain truly had a large impact on who I am today. I learned so much about myself, my peers and the amazing culture of Spain. The language programs that CIEE provide are incredible. My knowledge of the Spanish language grew significantly, and I learned so much about a culture that was so new to me when my plane landed in Sevilla. I made friends from all over the world, that I am still in touch with, and CIEE helps you to immerse yourself directly into the Spanish life. My home stay family was so kind and generous, and I became extremely close with my two host sisters. I became much more independent from my experience abroad, and had the opportunity to travel to 8 different countries over the course of the 4 months that I was there. There's no better place to spend your gap year than in Sevilla.

With CIEE Global Navigator High School programs, the possibilities are endless. As a U.S. high school student, you can study abroad from as little as three weeks in the summer to an entire semester or gap year. With more than 60 programs on five continents,