- Venture into a new environment abroad, where you will rise up to challenges and step out of your comfort zone.
- Develop self-directed learning skills and understand yourself better while working with a coach one-on-one.
- Know and understand your possible career options, and develop a plan on achieving it.
- Learn and develop skills not normally taught in high school, such as goal setting and dealing with rejection.
- Apply everything you have learned throughout the gap year program to real world activities, such as completing an internship or a personal project.
The Year Experience is an 8-month gap year program designed to equip high school graduates with the confidence, clarity, and direction to succeed in college–and beyond. Students have an opportunity to learn by traveling abroad, working with a coach, and focusing on life skills. The program is divided into three phases–an immersive service-learning experience abroad, a skill-building module in San Francisco, and an interest-based project component–each lasting approximately three months.
Year On supports people who want to find direction after high school. We help them develop the skills and habits to learn more about their interests, goals, and place in the world.
By the time the program ends, Year On fellows will have created a portfolio that showcases their skills and abilities, put together a career roadmap, built a network of connections, and developed the skills and habits that will be a foundation for their success in college–and beyond.
View Program Information
- Accommodations & most meals during Explore and Focus
- 40 skill-building workshops
- One-on-one coaching and mentorship from our global mentor network
Financial assistance and payment plans are available, please contact us at: [email protected]