CIEE High School Summer Abroad in Santiago, Dominican Republic

high school summer abroad dominican republic santiago service
high school summer abroad dominican republic santiago service

You will work with one NGO that supports communities in need with an educational project called Ciudad Santa María, while getting to know more about Dominican culture, Spanish language, and interesting places. It gives you the broad opportunity to develop skills in communication and leadership, take a short Spanish language class, and explore the fascinating Dominican nature and culture, architecture, museums, and more. You will work on a high-standard summer camp along with other Dominican teens that volunteer, organizing intentional educative and fun activities for children and teens.

Raegan

My Experience Abroad

During my time in Santiago, Dominican Republic was AMAZING. I grew so much from there, not only did the children I mentored learned something from me but I always learned something from them. I took what I learned and applied it to my everyday life. Having GREAT program leaders also contributed to my trip, there was never a dull moment while with then and I felt quite comfortable with them and the people who travel with me were great, I still keep in contact with them and soon will visit them. While study Abroad, I got the chance to volunteer, learn about the culture and language, interact with the citizen and travel on excursions! One of the best parts that made feel right at home was staying with an host family, scared right? The total opposite, my host family was so welcoming I felt right at home, we cooked together, watched tv togther, and ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner togther, which gave me the tile to get to know them! I don’t think I would ever chose a difference program other than CIEE to travel abroad with, I felt really safe and the experience was GREAT!

Make some programs longer !!
Rachel

Incredible

The most incredible trip I have ever gone on. I grew so much as a person and would not be the person I am today without this trip. The staff were incredible and every single day was filled with fun engaging activities with a focus on understanding the community we were serving. Go on this trip. You will not regret it. We worked with the kids 4 days a week in the morning and the rest was all cultural exploration. We got to go to many different areas of the island and generally explore the entire Dominican. You will build such strong bonds with the people you go with and create lifelong friendships. This trip changed my life

Better housing