Experience first-hand what it takes to run a mobile clinic in the Andean Highlands of Ecuador. You will learn under the guidance of MEDLIFE medical professionals in an effort to provide free healthcare. From our base in the city of Riobamba, with stunning views of the Chimborazo Mountain, we will help deliver these services to the poor rural communities near Cebadas. You will shadow medical professionals, work directly with mostly indigenous locals, and help implement health care programs to provide you a greater understanding of public health initiatives. Start it all off touring Quito, a UNESCO World Heritage Centre, and cap off your stay whitewater rafting the Pastaza River to add to your South American experience.
- Experience working in the fields of general medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, gynecology and nutrition as you assist with various tasks.
- Learn about the lack of basic care and malnutrition challenging rural, poor communities.
- Help set up a mobile clinic and perform development work.
- Help to educate locals in hygiene and self-care.
- Canopy zip line in t he Mindo Cloud Forest.