Begin in Nadi on the main island of Viti Levu and travel by plane to your island-home of Taveuni, the 'Garden Island of Fiji', to collaborate with locals on a community directed project. Integrate with your host community by helping with a variety of construction, cultural, and education projects at the local school. After a traditional sevu sevu welcome ceremony, help construct a school building, paint the village hall, plant a garden, or teach English to primary school children. Further your engagment with local culture by taking a spear-fishing lesson with a local expert, exploring the marine life of coral reefs, or interviewing elders in the community. Take a boat to neighboring islands to relax on isolated beaches and join in a game of club rugby or volleyball with local teenagers. Snorkel and, if you are certified, scuba dive on Fiji’s famous Rainbow Reef from a private dive boat, explore lush inland rainforests, and swim under the Bouma Waterfalls.
- Work with villagers on construction at the local school
- Snorkel or scuba dive at Fiji’s Great White Wall and Rainbow Reef
- Host an afterschool sports or arts club for children
- Join in a traditional kava ceremony with local friends
- Learn how to spearfish with a local fisherman