Pre-College at CET Florence: Italian Food, Art, and Society

Immerse yourself in Florence, the cradle of the Renaissance and a city that has inspired creative minds for centuries. Learn about three focus areas—Italian food, art, and society—from expert professors. You’ll savor Italian cuisine, appreciate Florentine art and architecture, and experience the world famous Palio horse race in Siena. Then you’ll choose one of these topics to explore in depth. Design and develop a project based on your area of interest—an experience that will be a valuable in your college application process.

• Take college-level courses
  • Live and learn in the historic city center of Florence
  • Experience the Palio during a 6-day trip with your group
  • Enroll in beginning or intermediate Italian
  • Explore contemporary Italy through food, art, and society

Allie

Florence, Italy Summer 2018

I loved studying abroad with CET this summer! The classes were very fun and engaging, and the staff was helpful . Of all of the activities and excursions that were organized by the program, my favorite was visiting Siena for a weekend. If I had any advice for someone who is thinking about studying abroad in high school, I would say to not be afraid and be very open minded while applying and going on the trip!

Rosie

Take the Leap! Go abroad with CET!

Going to Florence with CET was probably the best decision I have ever made. I am so thankful to those who convinced me to go, despite my hesitations. Being both an inexperienced traveler and a pretty anxious person, I am so glad that my first experience abroad was with CET. I think about my time in Florence every day, and I cannot wait to go back and visit all the amazing places my cohort and I discovered while abroad.

About CET Academic Programs

CET Academic Programs is a study abroad organization that has been developing and delivering innovative educational programs abroad since 1982. Originally “China Educational Tours,” CET began operations in Beijing, and today offers a varied portfolio...