Ultramodern Tokyo is your classroom on this three week pre-college program with site visits, field trips, and student-designed projects. Head into the city every day with your instructors to view Tokyo through the lens of your seminar subjects. Select from among 14 exciting seminar topics that include Anime and Illustration, Japanese Language, Art History, Architecture & Urban Design, Travel Writing, Photography, and Technology & Innovation. Visit leading cultural sites where you meet with local leaders eager to share their knowledge. Taught by exceptional instructors who are professionals in their subjects, our seminars are are an exciting, hands-on way to hone your interests as you consider your college path. Afternoons and evenings bring opportunities to explore Tokyo's famous districts, visit art galleries and museums, see a kabuki performance, or attend a concert. On weekends, travel outside of Tokyo to visit Kyoto, hike trails on Mount Fuji, or take a martial arts lesson.
- Develop a business plan with guidance from tech-savvy Tokyo entrepreneurs
- Photograph dazzling city landmarks such as neon-lit Shibuya Crossing
- Explore the Nagakin Capsule Tower on an Architecture & Urban Design course
- Journal and sketch Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden, a peaceful refuge in the heart of Tokyo's business district
- Take a weekend trip to Kyoto and discover the elegant teahouses of Japan’s former imperial capital