CIEE High School Semester/Year Abroad Program in France

CIEE High School Semester/Year Abroad Program in France

The most geographically diverse country in Europe, France is made up of many regions, each with its own distinct flavor. Wherever you’re placed to live and study, you’ll be immersed in the language, culture, and typical teen routine at a public or private lycée or collège. Although studies are rigorous (the school day ends at 5–6 p.m.), you’ll still have plenty of time to hang out at cafés, visit museums, play sports, watch French TV, and share traditional home-cooked meals with your host family.

Some Activities
Travel Insurance
Age Max
Apply six weeks prior to the deadline, and receive a free trip with CIEE.
Program fee includes international airfare and iNext travel insurance. Full inclusions can be found on our website.

An absolutely amazing experience!

Making the decision to do a year abroad in France has turned out to be one of the best decisions I've ever made. Through this experience, I am not just learning about a culture and its language, I am learning about myself and my abilities to accept and adapt. It has been nothing short of amazing to live these last 5 months in France and I would recommend this program to anyone looking to spend a year abroad.

A Life Changing Experience

My experience in France made a huge impact on my life. I see the world with a new perspective. Studying abroad has enlarged my world view; it exposed me to the infinite amount of culture and language that is in the world. I lived with an amazing host family who I consider my second family. I encountered challenges as well as fun moments, and those experiences helped me learn and made me a stronger person. My year abroad in France is something I will never forget nor regret.

Best ten months of my life

What more could I say about studying abroad other than, it was the best year of my life without a doubt. When abroad you are faced with so much change, in your environment, language, friends, family, and also in yourself. I left home for France in September of 2015 and I had no idea that my whole life would change. I stepped so far out of my confort zone, and for doing that I was rewarded with the pleasure of meeting new people, whom I would have never known otherwise. The pleasure of trying new foods, which I never would have savored. The pleasure of seeing new places everyday, where I never would have ventured to. In June of 2016 I returned home from home, in those ten months France had become, and will always remain, my home. I am glad I stepped out into the world and I would do it a thousand times over, the question is, what is keeping you from stepping out? Allons-y!

About CIEE Global Navigator

With CIEE Global Navigator High School programs, the possibilities are endless. As a U.S. high school student, you can study abroad from as little as three weeks in the summer to an entire semester or gap year. With more than 60 programs on five...