- La Plata and Salta are beautiful cities located in the province of Buenos Aires. La Plata is known for its urban planning and diverse architectural influences, while Salta features colonial architecture and beautiful mountain scenery.
- Work side-by-side with a community based organization to help improve the education level offered to working individuals and those who are otherwise excluded from traditional education.
- Gain project management experience by holding workshops, community events, and campaigns that address many development subjects ranging from ecological awareness to providing basic health care.
- Research and implement best practices in public health (such as diabetes and HIV/AIDS), environmental degradation, and human rights.
- Gain grant writing skills to help fund small, local businesses who offer cleaning, masonry work, gardening, painting, plumbing, and many other skills to the general public.
Building on 15 years of international development experience, FSD works with community-led organizations to implement sustainable solutions to the many issues that both the Salta and La Plata communities face. FSD interns conduct vital research such as community assessments to give our partner organizations an idea on what assets they can use to address the many issues the community faces.