International Summer Internships with The Intern Group

Final Places Available for Summer Internships

There are only a couple of places remaining for The Intern Group's summer internship programs. Apply now to intern abroad this summer!

Perfect for recent grads, gap year students, and career changers alike, a summer internship abroad is the perfect opportunity to travel the world while enhancing your resume. We offer summer internships in all of our destinations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Australia, and Asia.

Whether it's a finance internship at one of the top global firms in Hong Kong, or a medical electives internship in Colombia, a summer internship abroad is just what you need to make your resume stand out. Plus you'll also get to cross travel goals off of your bucket list while growing professionally.

Our leading international internship programs have been featured in CNN, Time, Forbes and more.

Hi Jenny, thank you for your question! For visa purposes and due to the competitive nature of international internships, most of the internships are unpaid. 88% of our alumni have received graduate level employment within three months of completing our program though.

Terri

Enriching and fulfilling summer.

Having decided to gain overseas experience over the summer of 2017, The Intern Group (TIG) was a clear winner when deciding upon a host organisation.
A summer abroad is an expensive option, regardless of where you go in the world. Finding a host organisation that isn't primary focused on money is imperative when sourcing a good quality programme. TIG is one of the best value for money programmes I came across. After calculating the costs of coming overseas alone, I realised I would not only save money, but feel safer and see more of the country I would travel to, with TIG.
Right from the get go, the staff team were dedicated in supporting me in choosing the right location, programme and internship. They really did a fantastic job of tailoring the programme to my desires for the summer, which is so important! Having chosen HK and confirming a role with an organisation, the rest was easy! My visa was sorted, my accommodation was confirmed and all I had to do was book flights and pack.
From arriving in HK, there was not a minute of stress. The staff are great for getting you settled in and getting you accustomed to your new lifestyle.
The events were fantastic, hosted by a great guy, who himself has completed similar programmes and understands what the interns want to explore in HK. The events were well managed, fun and great for making the friends that make your whole experience exciting.
There is a great work to social life balance, and you can really be in control of how you want to spend your time in HK. The most important thing to mention is that, the friends you will make
are like minded, intelligent people that make the best memories with you.
My placement was carefully chosen and exactly what I needed for the summer, although at first it can seem a bit much, or in some cases not enough; get through the first week and then it will come naturally!
My only advice to potential interns would be, make sure you get a full in-depth health check before coming to Hong Kong, the climate is crazy and the lifestyle is very fast paced. A change like this can bring light to any underlying medical issues that could potentially hinder your experience. The healthcare in Hong Kong is different from that at home and can be difficult.
Overall, I would say go for it! You can invest in a lot of things in your youth, property, cars etc. but an investment in yourself is truly the one worth taking.

It would be great if TIG could make relations with some local bars and restaurants (close by to accommodation), where interns could eat evening meals and have drinks for cheap. It would drive a lot of business for the host bars/eateries and would make life a lot easier for the interns after a long day at work!
No, I don't recommend
Malena

An Unforgettable Summer

Before applying for the Intern Group London Programme, I had already completed three study abroad and internship programs. I can honestly say that London was by far my favorite one. My internship exceeded all of my expectations. I loved the office and the people that I worked with. They were so welcoming, and they quickly became my family, I truly felt at home. I was really passionate about the work that I was doing and I looked forward to going to work everyday. During my free time, the Intern Group was there every step of the way making sure that I was enjoying my experience. They organized various social events that allowed me to make new friends and get to know the real London. I learned so much about myself, the kind of work that I want to do in the future, and I think I even found a place that I would like to call my new home in the near future. As I go back to Boston to start my senior year of college, I'll take with me the memories of this life changing experience and amazing summer.

Matt

Summer 2016

My name is Matt and I did the 6 week program with The Intern Group's Intern London program. For those thinking about considering the program and with very little to no experience in their prospective fields, I would highly recommend it. They offer great internships through partner companies that are a great entryway to get your foot in the door. I am in a programming-related major and did an internship that involved a lot of HTML/CSS/WordPress. In addition to the internship, the intern london program has social events set up through their events coordinator Ariana. She is definitely one of the most nicest people I've ever met. Although the events aren't required to go, I would highly suggest going to all of them as they are your way of making friends with others in the program. If I wasn't going to be graduating next year, I would probably do the intern london program again.

About The Intern Group

The Intern Group is one of the leading providers of international internships. Our programs are located in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia & Latin America. We place participants from all over the world in international internships that propel...