LTL Mandarin School - A Summer on the Great Wall

LTL Mandarin School - A Summer on the Great Wall

Study Chinese on the Great Wall - Brand New for 2018
It's as crazy as it sounds. Imagine combining first class Chinese lessons with the country's most famous landmark. Well with LTL you can! Brand new for 2018, all food and accommodation are included alongside your classes. Study Chinese between one and six weeks for a once in a lifetime experience.

Study abroad in China on the Great Wall with our brand new program for the Summer of 2018. We take you to the heart of the Great Wall of China as you will learn Mandarin in an ancient village, right next to the Great Wall in the mountains North of Beijing. You will live and study next to one of the untouched sections of one of the World’s wonders whilst you learn the Chinese language with our expert Mandarin teachers.

This is an experience that very few people get to take part in and a unique opportunity to enhance your Mandarin language skills on one of the most famous landmarks in the World.

• Rare – This is a once in a lifetime opportunity you shouldn't miss
  • Immersion – Speak Chinese 24/7 and embrace the culture of this great country
  • No tourists – We know the quiet, uncovered spots of the Great Wall for you to enjoy
  • Food – Meals are prepared in our farmhouse with fresh ingredients. Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
  • Accommodation – Enjoy living in a renovated farmhouse on the Wall
Meals
Chinese
Weeks Min.
Weeks Max
You can take part in the Summer on the Great Wall program for one week, or the full six weeks. We recommend to start with a program at LTL Beijing or Shanghai first and leave the Great Wall Mandarin program until the end of your course.

The price is listed for a week on the Great Wall which includes all food, accommodation and your Chinese classes

Beijing

Toby
London

Beijing Internship

Program: I completed a 6-month internship program with a homestay.

Experience: The internship provided me with a great opportunity to experience the dynamics of working in a commercial environment within China. I was given a board range of responsibilities, from assisting with company recruitment to reviewing company reports. Not only did this give me exposure to an array of skills that will prove useful for a future career, but it also allowed me to practice my Mandarin in a professional environment.

Homestay: The homestay was the most important aspect when it came to practicing my Chinese. Every day without fail I would communicate with my host family in Mandarin. This was initially quite daunting, but over time my Mandarin ability, along with my confidence in using the language, improved substantially.

Beijing: LTL will arrange an array of activities that will allow you to explore both the city and its surroundings. It may initially take some getting used to, but there is definitely a unique character to the city that I grew to love.

WanttogobacktoBeijing
Munich

Internship in Beijing

I study Media and PR and was looking for an internship in China in my field and hired LTL to help me to find an internship for me.

Internship: After several interviews I chose to do an internship with a Chinese PR company for five months. It was an amazing experience. I was the only foreigner working in the company and my Chinese colleagues came to me very frequently to help them when there were any cultural differences they had trouble understanding. Together with my manager I was in charge of the BMW account, which was very interesting. I did two business trips to Shanghai for meetings with BMW and we organized a big event for them in Wuhan. I think in China you get the opportunity to do a lot more as an intern than you would do in other countries, because even though I didn't really have any work experience, they saw me as their only "foreign" staff which meant I was asked to do quite a lot of things. Never had to make coffee for anyone.

Beijing: It is a great city, miss it a lot still. Exciting, big - very different to home. I will definitely go back.

Service: LTL was great. First they found me a great internship, but they also helped me a lot with sorting out accommodations, Chinese classes etc. I think after one or two months in China you dont necessarily need that anymore, but in the first few weeks, I dont think I would have survived without them.

Live the Language (LTL) Mandarin School offers the chance for students around the world to study Chinese culture and Mandarin Chinese language in one comprehensive program. During their time in China with LTL at one of the three locations (Beijing, Tianjin, and Chengde), students will