International Journalism Internships with The Intern Group

journalism interns in madrid
journalism interns in madrid
On my final day I was super fortunate to meet the Executive Editor of Harpers Bazaar US, and have since been offered a potential internship with them in Manhattan in the future!She was so super cool, best part of all - she's also Aussie!
This is my favourite photo of all! It was take on my last night in NYC. With another Aussie I'd met in the city, we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge to catch some sunset shots. So we got some sneaky ones with me in the foreground. I think it truly captures the magic and beauty of NYC!
These two girls are just a sample of some of the amazing people I got to hang out with every day from the "groupies" of the Intern NY program! Kellie (on the left) is from New Zealand and Amy (on the right) is from the UK. This was us being snap happy in Times Square before an amazing night out of food, fun and dancing!

What better way to gain journalism experience than to intern abroad, where you can be at the center of international relations and current events? Journalism is one of the most competitive industries to break into, and through our internship program you'll get the chance to learn from some of the pros while living and interning in another part of the world.

We offer journalism internships around the globe in all of our destinations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Australia and Asia. Whether you're interested in magazine, newspaper, or even digital outlets, we can find the perfect internship to meet your interests. Doing an international journalism internship will set you apart from other applicants in your field, while also giving you the chance to immerse yourself in a new culture abroad.

• Gain hands-on journalism experience and learn from leading professionals
  • Boost your cv/resume with relevant experience
  • It's not what you know, it's who you know. Through The Intern Group program, you'll make friends with people from all over the world and build a global network
  • Improve your language skills (if applicable)
  • Have a once in a lifetime experience

Final Places Available for Summer Internships

There are only a couple of places remaining on The Intern Group's summer internship programs in the USA, Canada, Europe, Asia, Australia and Latin America. Apply now to secure a space!

Chloe

Intern London has got your back!

I absolutely loved my experience with Intern London. I learned so much about myself and about the world and that's exactly what I wanted. I now know that I want to travel for a while for my job and have gotten a new awareness about what I find frustrating in my career field. Having actual work experience gives you the ability to see what it all entails and gives you a chance to specify what you want.

I don't feel like it could...
Casey

Casey in NYC

The experience of interning in NYC has honestly been the greatest two months of my life!

I interned as a journalist for Gossip Cop, an online media out let known as the go-to source for credible celebrity news. Whilst there I gained an incredible knowledge of SEO (search engine optimization) which is far more important than initially realized, because let's be honest, Google owns the internet. Internship aside...

Living and working in NYC is the only way to progress both your personal and professional careers. I've learnt that anything is possible and to be the most positive person you can be with the opportunities in front of you!

NYC has to be one of the most thriving cities in the world! Whether that be the 18,000 restaurants in Manhattan alone or the hundreds of free and amazing events over the summer months; New York has it all! None of those experiences would have been the same if it wasn't for the incredible experience coordinator (and self-proclaimed professional photographer), Brian! This guy was the key to making sure we made the most of every waking hour!

It was through the intern group "groupies" that I've certainly made friends for life! Everyone from "poms" to "kiwis", and everyone else in between. We certainly experienced it all; including, rooftop bars, ice skating, the beach, boat tours, museums, wandering the many miles of central park, meeting celebrities, food tours, baseball games, and just simply hanging out. We were all there for the same thing, and for that I got to hang out with some of the coolest people every single day!

The major thing I could suggest as improvement is to make sure internships are applied for as soon as possible! I missed out on a lot of potential internships because they required application up to a year in advance. This was particularly prevalent in the Journalism industry, also be clear what kind of position you exactly want. There was too much time wasted on applying for internships I wasn't interested in.
Fortunately I didn't have to deal with the visa issues, as I was already in the US. However, I know a lot of other people did. Again this all just comes down to applying as soon as possible. Don't wait, don't dawdle. The more time you allow to get everything sorted, the less stressful it is for everyone.
David

I would do it again!

Overall, the whole experience was amazing. Now when I look back on it I realize that I was missing home and worried about not speaking Spanish, but none of the other interns spoke Spanish and we all got along great. I'm still in touch with most of them as well as two colleagues from work. I definitely developed professionally and personally, I was quite shy talking to strangers before, but during the program I was forced to do it everyday and now I have no problem! I'll finish by saying that Madrid is the BEST place in the world! Literally has everything but all so close together, it's like a village with everything, I could never be bored and I will be back soon!

I would like to have had my own bathroom. I think I could have asked for one but the program price increased.

About The Intern Group

The Intern Group is one of the leading providers of international internships. Our programs are located in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia & Latin America. We place participants from all over the world in international internships that propel...