Arcadia University- London Internship Program Summer

Arcadia University- London Internship Program Summer

Spend your summer getting real world work experience in one of the most vibrant and multicultural world capitals- London. You'll intern three full days per week for six weeks, with coursework designed to complement your work experience and to reinforce your professional and academic interests. There are placements available in wide range of industries, including business, arts, government, communications, and health and psychology.

Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Excursions may include: Hampton Court Day Excursion, Harry Potter Studio Tour, and Keats House.

Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories. With Arcadia, you can: Enjoy academic success, explore a new world, get to know yourself, rely on us for support, and boost your resume.

Europe » England » London
Psychology
Public Policy
Letters of Recommendation
Weekly Hours
See website for details. Scholarships available!

Molly

Summer in London

I did the summer London internship through Arcadia University the summer of 2014. I had never left the country before and was nervous about the process. One thing I remember that made me feel better about the initial flight and arrival was that Arcadia started and invited all participants to a Facebook page. From there I was actually able to find 3 people taking the same flight as me so we could meet up and arrive together. This made navigating the airport and going through customs a lot less intimidating.

The Arcadia staff provided introductory sessions to help us all understand more about what our experience in London would be like from different customs to understanding the public transportation systems.

The internship they found for me was perfect and a wonderful experience. I went 3 full days a week. I also attended a class through Arcadia that I went to once a week. I did the photography class and I am glad I did. We went on different trips to museums and different locations around the city. On the weekends, I was able to take several trips with the people I met. We traveled to Amsterdam, Paris, and Edinburgh. I was surprised how reasonable the travel costs were! I even ended up taking a week long vacation to Malta during my last week in the program.

All in all, I would highly recommend this program! The staff is wonderful, London is amazing, and you will have great experiences!

Honestly, I loved the program. The one thing I would change would be about the grading. In my classes I completed a large research project and a photography project. I got my grades back, but no feedback. I worked so hard on these things I wish there was more opportunity to receive feedback.

Candace
State College, PA
Pennsylvania State University

Great experience!

This program left me with a summer I'll never forget. This was my first real internship and the Arcadia staff worked to make sure the job would be beneficial to me and something that would help me in the future. I was able to explore London a lot during my art class (we visited a lot of museums and different historical sites) and I learned a lot in the process. The program allows you time to travel outside of London, as well, which was something I really enjoyed. I got to meet people from all over the US and was also able to interact with the locals. Overall, I would definitely recommend this program to anyone who is considering studying abroad!

Hilary
Clemson University

The Summer I'll Never Forget

When I found out in an email from my university that interning in London for a summer was a study abroad option, I jumped on that opportunity. To me, it was the perfect way to get experience in a career that I was pursuing as well as a great way to travel to a foreign country. I knew that it was going to be awesome, but I didn't think that it was going to be as awesome as it actually was. The program was set up so that we would take one course of our choice, one mandatory internship course, and intern for a company that matched our interests. Amidst all of that, Arcadia planned ahead trips for all of the students in the program to take to different cities all throughout England. All of the biggest things to see and experience in England, we experienced. It was the perfect blend of work experience, education, and culture. This experience is one that I'll never forget, and it's also one that every person I speak to about my work experience is the most fascinated by.

Rachel
Lexington, Kentucky
University of Kentucky

This was a great and challenging learning experience!

The most valuable part of this experience was the independence and responsibilities we were given - it was challenging, but in a great way, as I was forced to learn to adapt to a new culture and new lifestyle on my own. I did not have a positive internship experience, however. My internship required a two hour commute, it took the entire day, and I did very little. The company I interned for also did not seem interested in having me there. However, I really enjoyed getting to take trips around the country and meet new people, all while learning and challenging myself.

I would change the communication regarding the quality of the internships. It seemed as though the company I interned with knew very little about why I was there, and they did not follow the rules that they were supposed to. I also just had a generally negative experience with them. However, the Arcadia staff was phenomenal.

Students from colleges and universities throughout the U.S. study abroad with Arcadia University through The College of Global Studies, the first college of its kind in the U.S. With over 130 programs in 12 countries, we offer a wide range of programs in many study