London Internships | Dream Careers

London Internships | Dream Careers

Dream Careers offers an all-inclusive internship programs in London, complete with a custom internship placement at a top company in your field of study!

As an industry leader in placing students in the field of their choice, you can be assured you are in good hands as you make the transition from home to London. The London program includes summer housing, weekend trips, career development programs, and on-site staff. Spend your summer surrounded by hundreds of college students from all around the world right at the center of many of the largest international firms in London.

Learn more about London Internships by visiting our website for all the details!

• <b>Custom Internships!</b> Our staff works diligently to ensure you are placed in an internship field of your choice. Once accepted to the program, you are guaranteed an internship in your field before you arrive in London. We offer 30 industries, with th
  • <b>Professional Development!</b> Dream Careers gives you the whole package, a challenging and rewarding internship, career seminars, academic credit, and exciting excursions.
  • <b>All-Inclusive Program!</b> In addition to a professional staff available 24/7, we coordinate EVERY detail for you, including group housing, weekend trips, transportation to and from work, a meal plan and much more so that you can focus on your time abr
  • <b>Weekend Trips!</b> Every summer we outline a great list of intern excursions to the top destinations in the area. Visit our website to see what we have planned for this summer.
  • <b>Extensive Network!</b> You will meet experts in your experience while interning in London, leaving you with great references and a strong alumni network!
Europe » England » London
Europe » England
Phone / Skype Interview
Weekly Hours
The program includes housing, meals, weekend trips, career development seminars and your customized placements. Tuition does not include airfare.

My internship in particular was not paid, some participants did have paid internships but it varies by field and availability I believe, that's maybe a question for Dream Careers staff. Despite the fact that it wasn't paid I still managed to budget pretty well for my necessities
We had about 100 on our programme - but about 90 girls and 10 guys! I think the programmes are a little more even split these days, but TBH the guys loved it! ;)
It’s amazing in support of me to truly have a web site that is valuable meant for my knowledge.<a href="http://clickopener.com/">open multiple urls</a>

Alexandra
MO
Truman State University

A Great Move If You Plan on Grad School

Interning abroad really helps to boost your CV for grad school, even more so if you plan to go into the arts, as internships in those areas can often be hard to find. Dream Careers makes it easy to find them though and they take all of the stress away from the process. I worked in a great film office and the letters of recommendation my bosses wrote for me have helped to get me into some of the best graduate film schools in the world. I looked at other programs beside Dream Careers, but none of them covered as much as Dream Careers does, like housing and support. This program is a very smart investment for your future.

Lori
Santa Barbara, CA
University of California- Santa Barbara

Dream Careers London 2014

This program was life changing! I worked in a Film PR company very close to our housing and learned so much. This was my first real internship and my first time living abroad so it all seemed overwhelming, but Dream Careers made the transition easy.

The staff was extremely helpful and always put me in a great mood. Despite working 9-5 everyday, I was still able to explore London and all that it had to offer. All the activities embedded into the program were such great breaks from work and so much fun to participate in. I still keep in touch with all the friends I made and plan on going back to London as soon as I can. I would recommend this program to everyone who wants to try something new and have the experiences of a lifetime.

I would change the meal plans, we had 4 places to go but one wasn't the best and I barely went there so maybe work on getting a new restaurant (Nandos…) on board! Otherwise everything else was fantastic, minus the non air conditioning lifestyle of London.

Lauren
Columbia, Missouri
Stephens College

Thankful for Dream Careers

Dream Careers inspired me to venture outside my comfort zone! I got to travel to new places and gain experience in my field which puts me a step above when applying for jobs. This was honestly one of the best summers I've ever had.

Expanding meal plan options and negotiate work hours so students really get a chance to explore the country throughout their stay.

Jenny
Corvallis, Oregon
Oregon State University

Fashion Internship in London

My internship at Escada was better than I could have imagined. I got to use the knowledge that I learned in classes and put it into practice on a day to day basis and make great connections along the way. Day to day tasks involved helping the showroom manager with buying appointments, as well as the model trying on the clothes. I also assisted the office manager with business aspects of the company.

The biggest problems that I had were the living situations and the meal program, but I don't know that those could be improved much. It was very close quarters, which could be difficult sometimes, but I also wouldn't want to pay much more. The meal options got old pretty quickly, so switching certain restaurants halfway through would have been pretty helpful, but I also understand that everyone has different tastes so it must have been difficult.

Tara
Chapel Hill, NC
University of North Carolina- Chapel Hill

Wouldn't trade my London experience for anything!

I would recommend the Dream Careers Internship program to anyone looking to advance their career and travel abroad. My internship in wealth management in London prepared me greatly for job searches and has been a pivotal talking point in all my interviews so far. Dream Careers made it so easy, supplying us food vouchers for dinner and an Oyster Card for transportation, not to mention guaranteeing internship placement. The preplanned day trips and weekend trip to Paris were one of my favorite aspects of the program. I created lifelong friends within the program and had the opportunity to travel to other European countries with them. I wouldn't trade this past summer for anything in the world, and I encourage anyone interested in interning in a new place, whether abroad or domestic, to do it through Dream Careers.

Madeline
Bangor, Maine
Husson University

Great Experience!

My summer in London was the most amazing experience. Both working everyday and just living in the city and experiencing so many different cultures everyday was so exciting. My best friend had participated in the New York Program the summer before me, and she had nothing but good things to say about it, so I decided to give it a try. From the moment I got to chalk farm, and the stay club, I felt completely at home and comfortable. Our staff was amazing and made sure to help us in every way possible! The first day at work was obviously stressful, but as soon as I walked in everyone was very friendly, and I have definitely made some great business connections as well as life-long friends! Traveling to a different country can definitely be scary, but the fact that you're living with around 100 people your same age going through the same thing makes it so much easier, and I found that I quickly made friends. This was definitely a once in a life-time experience, that I would recommend to anyone who loves to travel, and wants get experience working abroad!

There definitely could have been a few better meal options, but other than that, it was a pretty great program overall.

Robert
San Francisco, California.
University of Nevada Reno

Amazing Program

The London program exceeded all of my expectations and was the best way I could have spent my summer. I knew Dream Careers had a good reputation because my brother also had a huge experience with them in Miami. It was a long flight but the travel was smooth and once I arrived I was able to get to the place where we stayed at and met Stefan and the rest of the staff and then got started. The Stay Club is in a fantastic location and had everything we needed. I had a really good roommate and we definitely enjoyed the restaurants that were part of the meal card plan. Camden Town is a terrific place and there was always so much to do with everyone and try new things. The internship I had was a great process beginning with the interviews before the summer. For getting around and to work everyday we had public transportation cards we could use for the Metro and Buses and it was the best way to do things and get places. Amongst many other things provided by Stefan and his staff, there were events and activities being hosted all the time. At my internship I was very involved with the company's work and the other employees there were great people to get to know. They engaged with us and gave us advice on how to establish a career and find a position you want, not just land a job. I was able to expand my networking abilities by getting to know professionals in my field that I want to work in one day. On one night at dinner we were fortunate enough to meet the Dream Careers CEO when he was in town. International work is a fantastic experience and we also received great advice from international guest speakers who had strong success stories. Learning how to build on the experience with Dream Careers is the way to go, and there are people there to help you do it. The Dream Career experience in the city of London has been one of my best opportunities so far for getting involved with a great internship in my field, meeting lots of good friends from different places, and exploring new cities and new countries that have provided me with experiences I will always remember.

The program could be improved with a larger variety of breakfast or lunch but the fact that breakfast is already provided on a day to day basis is great in its own right. Everything else is well done and efficient.

Lindsey
New Orleans, LA
Tulane University

The Best of Both Worlds

Dream Careers not only helped me realize the career path that I want to take with my life, it also gave me a life changing experience abroad. The connections that I made with my industry, along with my adventures from traveling have helped to grow both personally and as a candidate for my future jobs. Dream Careers was so helpful in facilitating all of this and I would have never gotten as much out of my internship and travels without them!

Katherine
New York City, New York
University of Colorado- Boulder

Life changing experience - would do it again in a heartbeat!

My summer with Dream Careers in London was one of the most defining summers in my entire life, if not the most defining. I've always loved England, and the change to live and work in London (probably the coolest city in the entire WORLD), at a film company to learn the ways of the film industry was simply indescribable. But in addition to having gained valuable working experience - which I use today - I was truly supported and taken care of by all of the Dream Careers staff (so much so that I returned to London the next summer to staff London 2014 with Dream Careers as a Media Manager). More than anything, Dream Careers helped me figure out what I wanted to do with my life, and gave me the courage to graduate college early to pursue my career and dream in New York City. Truly an incredible experience.

Amanda
Iowa City, Iowa
University of Iowa

Excellent Program

My experience with Dream Careers provided me the opportunity to grow personally and professionally. I was able to learn so much about my desired industry. The staff was extremely helpful and they planned many different activities to help the students feel more accommodated to the new city and culture. I would highly recommend this program to anyone that is interested in working abroad!

Samantha
Bloomington, Indiana
Indiana University- Bloomington

Summer in London

My experience in the London Dream Careers program is on that I will never forget. It was in incredible summer with amazing people. My internship was so great, it taught me so much about the industry that I want to work in and it gave be a huge resume boost. I would recommend this program to anyone. London is the most amazing place and getting to live there for two months was an absolute privilege.

Patrick
United Kingdom
Virginia Tech

Amazing Opportunity

I thoroughly enjoyed my time while on the London program. It was a great opportunity to explore a potential career path and also make great connections from both participants in the program as well as with those who I worked with during my internship. The program helped build these connections which helped me make a career decision and I returned to London the following summer to work and have been here for several years.

During the internship program the staff ensured any concerns were addressed and made sure to have a variety of activities during the week and weekend to make sure we got the most out of our trip to London. We were also granted enough freedom to not feel that we were limited in our experience.

My initial concern to the program was the cost for this but once I realized our central location in London as well as the activities planned the costs were justified.

My low rating for the accommodation was based on my year in London. However, since 2007, the program has moved into different accommodations which are much better and improve the experience in London.

Shannon
Redwood City, CA
University of Iowa

Best Summer I've Ever Had

Dream Careers partnered with my school and made the process of moving to London and working in an internship so easy! They helped me with my visa even when it had to be priority rushed through the process. The support I received from the staff before I even got there made moving to another country way less intimidating than it already was. I had somewhere to live and all the details of getting to work and figuring things out had been taken care of.

I learned amazing things in my internship and made lifelong friends with the people I worked with and did the program with! The worst thing about this program was that it was only 8 weeks long.

Sam
Canada
Queen's University

An Incredible Experience

My experience with Dream Careers on the London program exceeded all of my expectations. I was extremely impressed with the level of professionalism of my internship coordinator, and the coaching I received in the months leading up to the program: he was always available for interview coaching, CV editing, or even just a chat about the program in general, and what to expect upon arrival in London. Moreover, his core team of staff members made the program fun, safe, and an experience I will never forget. They were available 24 hours a day in case of emergencies, or even just a chat to ease any feelings of homesickness.

As someone who not only participated on the program as an intern, but also returned the following summer to staff the New York program, I can attest with total confidence that this program (and the Dream Careers company) is a worthwhile experience. You will gain the confidence to step outside your comfort zone, while gaining valuable work experience in your dream field. Also, one of the advantages of being situated in London is that the program offers an endless range of fields for students to work in, because the city itself is a buzzing metropolis that is culturally diverse and always on the go.

On a personal note: my experiences on the London program gave me the confidence to pursue my dream; three years later, I am back in the city, studying law and pursuing a career in international relations and human rights.

Thus, I urge any and all interested students to apply to the program. It offers a truly one-of-a-kind experience for young professionals, which is crucially advantageous for "millennials" in a global, and increasingly competitive economic climate.

Lauren
London, England
University of Georgia

Life Changing Experience

The London Dream Careers program blew away all of my expectations of what a summer abroad could be. The company I was placed with became the first step of my now 4 year career working in London. The program staff were always visible and available without being parental, and had endless suggestions and organized events to keep us entertained and seeing the ins and outs of a new city. The other participants I met had such a similar mindset to me about enjoying the summer, but progressing in a career so it was easy to make friends, many of whom I am still in contact with today. In short, my experience with London Dream Careers was a life changing opportunity, and I would not be where I am without the program and the people I met through it.

After living in London, I would perhaps make a list of suggested day trips or events happening during the time the program takes place in London to share with participants that give a true London flavor, but could be done without a big group as most events were - i.e. Columbia Road Flower Market, visit Olympic site at Stratford, walk along Regents Canal Path.

Jillian
New York, NY
University of Arizona

Best summer ever!

Not only did Dream Careers take care of all the necessary details about my summer experience before I left, they placed me with a top tier fashion company for me to intern at. Every day I was exposed to wholesale meetings, I maintained inventory for relevant collections, and I provided administrative assistance to finance, PR, and district sales teams. My summer internship in London was the main reason I received a job offer upon graduation at my university!

Katie
New Orleans, LA
Tulane University

Fantasy Summer

I honestly think that Dream Careers was the most valuable experience I've ever had! I would recommend it to anyone looking to live and work abroad!

I completed the London DCI program in the summer of 2012. I interned with a British entertainment PR firm, and worked with the company's publicists to promote a wide range of clients (from celebrities to corporate companies). By the end of the summer, I learned SO much and became an integral part of their team. I still talk to my co-workers and supervisors all the time. I hope to work with some of my connections there in the future!

Central London was the perfect location for our group of American college students. In addition to the awesome internship experience, we got to explore the city and travel together!

I would make the program longer! I fell in love with the city of London AND my internship position...I didn't want the experience to end!

Are you a college student looking to set yourself apart with a competitive internship? Do you want to spend a summer gaining experience in a top company? Entertainment industry in LA? Or in finance on Wall Street?

Dream Careers is an all-inclusive internship program for