CISabroad - Intern and Study in London

This program is no longer offered. View more programs from CISabroad.

Enhance your resume, get ahead academically, and expand your horizons through this summer study and intern abroad combination program in London, England! This program offers the best of a summer study abroad program with courses offered in topics such Literature, Media, Art & Architecture, Shakespeare, and International Business. Plus, you’ll gain invaluable work experience through an internship, which will also allow you to explore your career prospects, all the while immersing in the British culture and workplace. What’s more, you’ll have all the best of London to explore outside of your studies and internship!

• Live in central London for a summer
  • Choose from London-based courses in literature, art, media, business, Shakespeare and more
  • Gain real-world experience and exposure to career prospects
  • Enjoy facilities and resources of the greater University of London system
  • Immerse in the British workplace

Julissa

Amazing

My experience was over all amazing. It was a very easy process which made me want to do it more! Everyone was very helpful, any time I had a question I felt comfortable to ask and always got the help I needed! Going to London was an amazing experience for me! It was very funny to hear people ask where my accent was from because you never think you have one until you travel somewhere else! The culture over there was so wonderful to see and learn! You see things online and TV but it is nothing like experiencing it first hand.Everyone was very welcoming and very enthusiastic! I recommend everyone to do this amazing experience at least once in their life and Cisabroad is a great way to go!

Honestly not much !
Madeleine

A Little Bit of Everything

My abroad experience was all about balance. I saw many people overdoing it on one aspect of their experience: completing an immense amount of schoolwork or suffering from travel burnout. The study-internship gave me balance. I worked a little and gained valuable experience but didn't feel like I was overloaded with a full-time job, I had schoolwork but wasn't stuck in my room writing essays every Friday night, I travelled but also felt like I made London my home.

One thing that I loved, in particular, was my internship. Not only did I learn a lot and feel like I gained important professional skills, I also got to know people who actually lived in London. So many tips, tricks, and support came from my co-workers and our clients.

I wish I had more support during the application process. Responses could be slow, questions could go unanswered, and it seemed like they overloaded each coordinator with too far a geographic reach (for example, my coordinator had the entirety of the UK as well as Greece). Also, though I enjoyed my internship a lot, the application process is NOT through cisAbroad and can definitely be frustrating, not-at-all transparent, and often out of your control. It's worth it when you get there but the application process can be frustrating.

About CISabroad

CISabroad is committed to providing the best overall value in study and internship abroad opportunities. CISabroad programs are affordable and specialize in providing quality education and support throughout your study or internship abroad experience...