Fashion Internships with Global Experiences

In 2001 we launched our first fashion internships in Milan Italy. Over a decade later we’re still providing fashion internships all over the world to students and young professionals. We’ve expanded to locations all over the world to help you find your dream internship in fashion. We offer internships in a variety of fashion careers including design, business, marketing, merchandising, and jewelry and accessory design.

Prove to future employers and hiring mangers that you have the skills to succeed by having an internship abroad. There is no better way to get your foot in the door of the fashion industry than through a hands-on international fashion internship.

• Guaranteed Internship: As part of the Global Experiences program you are guaranteed an internship in your host city. We do our best to find a high-quality internship that matches your background and future goals.
  • Personalized Attention: We want this experience to be as fulfilling as possible. From the first phone call, we support you and give you all the resources you need to make sure your internship is a success.
  • Professional Development: Through one-on-one coaching and webinars, we assist you in improving in your cover letter and resume. We also prepare you for any interview with a potential employer, establish internship goals, and discuss your strengths.
  • Centralized Housing: Your housing will be centrally located in your host city. Staff available 24/7 are in every one of our host cities. Our staff also host various day trips and social events during the course of your internship.
  • School Credit: Depending on what college you attend you may be able to get a whole semester’s worth of credit. We work with dozens of schools to help students get the credit they deserve.

The main requirement to participate in the Global Experiences program is that you must be at least 18 years old at the start date of the program. The level of education necessary to be accepted depends on the internship career field you are interested in. Some of the more technical fields, such as law, engineering, finance, etc. require more university coursework and/or experience in order to be...

Marisa

Highly recommended company to find internships abroad!

Overall, my experience with Global Experiences was great! From the start, everything was straightforward and you get what you pay for, black and white just like that. The GE team was very attentive and I must say, they earnestly try to find the best internship that is suitable with your qualifications. I didn't have any concrete experience at all when I applied, after my internship as a fashion editor and writer for a Parisian magazine I can say now that I do. I honestly only have good things to say about Global Experiences. They truly do everything that is in your best interests and are there for you when you and your employer clash for work-related reasons. It must be said that sometimes internships are not the most ideal, but that is not in any way their fault as you can only have what you are qualified to do. In conclusion, I had a great time in Paris this summer because of them and I would do it again if I could. :)

Carla

Unbelievable experience in Milan!

It's amazing how much you can grow when you go outside of your comfort zone!!!

My internship in Milan through Global Experiences was unbelievable and the best decision I have ever made personally and professionally. I was able to gain first hand experience in one of the fashion capitals of the world. I networked with professionals in the industry from various parts of Europe, learned new skills that I can apply to my career in fashion when returning home, and have this impressive experience on my resume, distinguishing myself from other candidates when applying for jobs in Canada. The onsite staff in Milan made the experience even more special, organizing exciting trips around Italy and making sure we were comfortable and taken care of the entire time abroad. I also met amazing people in the program and made unbelievable memories!!

kknecht

What more could I ask for?

My time in Florence Italy was by far one of my most valuable experiences I have ever had. Not only was I given an amazing opportunity to intern in a high-end showroom, I learned more then I could have imagined outside of my internship. The Showroom experience was like none other. I had the best time and was able to gain so much knowledge from my coworkers. They were extremely supportive and gave me responsibilities as if I were a permanent part of their team. Not only was I able to go to the biggest fashion trade show in Italy, I learned how international business works. I did everything from displays to helping them sell. Global Experiences helped me throughout each step of the process, the interview, first day, and anything else I needed along the way. I also was surrounded by the best people and have made life-long friends in the process. Global Experiences had so many activities for us there was no time to be bored.The staff was very supportive and was always there to listen if we had a problem or conflict. We were given the opportunity to travel outside of our internship, as well as spend time with our friends. I used this amazing time abroad to learn about my surroundings as well as myself. I walked away from this experience a well rounded individual and ready to start my career in the fashion industry. Interning abroad has been the best decision I have made regarding my college career!

I wish Global Experiences was directly responsible for our housing situation. It would have made it much easier for communication purposes and resolving issues. It also would have allowed GE members to be rooms together because I, as well as a few others were placed randomly.
Courtney

The best experience anyone could ever ask for.

My experience with the Global experience program in Florence, Italy was rewarding in so many way. I am a senior in college and over the summer I was required to do an internship for school. Most of my classmates interned in NYC and answered phones, copied papers and put data in the computer. My internship was nothing like this because Global experience listened to what I wanted to do and had me working one-on-one with an Italian fashion designer. Every day I took the train to where my boss needed me to meet her and we together worked on her summer 2014 collection. I helped her with buying fabric, designing, research for upcoming trends, cutting out patterns and whatever else she wanted me to do. Every day was something different, which I loved cause it kept me on my toes. Not only was my internship an amazing experience but I also made great friends who I will stay in contact with the rest of my life. Overall I had an amazing experience and would not consider Sara as just my boss but also my friend. I would suggest if you have this opportunity to go abroad, take it.

I would have wanted to stay for longer maybe all summer.

About Global Experiences

Global Experiences believes that everyone deserves a career they love, and their mission is to help young people find their paths sooner in life. Global Experiences internship programs open doors for young people to enrich their lives personally and...