Business and Marketing International Internships with Global Experiences

It can be difficult to stand out in a career field as competitive as business and marketing. An international internship gives you the work experience that sets you apart from your peers.

The experience you gain while interning abroad will stand out to potential employers and hiring managers. During your internship, you’ll get to work with a diverse group of people and dive into your chosen career field. We work with a variety of companies to find you the perfect placement. You could work in everything from a brand-new startup to international business that have been around for years.

Business and marketing internships are available in all of our locations. Gain experience you need to transition into the professional and have an experience you’ll never forget by interning abroad.

• Guaranteed Internship: As part of the Global Experiences program you are guaranteed an internship in your host city. We do our best to find a high-quality internship that matches your background and future goals.
  • Personalized Attention: We want this experience to be as fulfilling as possible. From the first phone call, we support you and give you all the resources you need to make sure your internship is a success.
  • Professional Development: Through one-on-one coaching and webinars, we assist you in improving in your cover letter and resume. We also prepare you for any interview with a potential employer, establish internship goals, and discuss your strengths.
  • Centralized Housing: Your housing will be centrally located in your host city. Staff available 24/7 are in every one of our host cities. Our staff also host various day trips and social events during the course of your internship.
  • School Credit: Depending on what college you attend you may be able to get a whole semester’s worth of credit. We work with dozens of schools to help students get the credit they deserve.

Maris

A great professional experience abroad!

I definitely enjoyed my time with my Global Experiences internship, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a unique 'study abroad' experience!

I was an intern in Milan, Italy for a PR and marketing agency. At first, I was nervous about this, as I had preffed a retail marketing and/or merchandising experience so I thought I would want to work in a showroom there. However, I decided to just go with it because the company seemed great to work for, and it was just a more general example of what my marketing major could teach me. This brings me to my first piece of GE advice: Be open to whatever opportunities may come to you. Maybe it’s not exactly what you had in mind, but being open to more experiences can introduce you to new passions or even further reassure you that the career path you’re on is the right one for you.

After my decision, I can honestly say that I was not disappointed at all once I began my internship. I could not have asked for a better placement after working at this agency. My co-workers were all so caring and immediately made me feel welcome, which eased another worry of mine. I showed enthusiasm everyday for the work given and they responded to that by giving me meaningful work to showcase what I could really do for them. My second piece of GE advice: I would encourage anyone thinking about going through the program to do the same and show enthusiasm as it really does pay off. You won't enjoy your work 100% of the time, but I think that definitely helps you grow and realize that this fact follows you everywhere. It's best to make the most of it! Because of this, I was able to later handle blogger collaboration negotiations, potential client presentations, website development for the agency, help with photoshoots, attend a fashion week event as a guest, and even celebrate my boss’ birthday with my co-workers on a weekend vacation to Tuscany. All of these things helped me realize that I really, and surprisingly, enjoy this line of work.

As far as the accommodations from GE go, I was very pleased with the location of my housing, my roommates, and the socials that the program had planned for us. They definitely made it easier to connect with others, and there is absolutely no need to be worried about not finding a great group of people to spend your free time with. My third piece of GE advice: I would highly recommend getting everyday advice from your co-workers and your program coordinators. They are more than likely willing to help if you just ask, and since they live in your internship location, they can definitely tell you how the locals live which can make your time adjusting much easier! Even if they don’t know the answer right away, your program coordinators will do their best to help you- that’s what they’re there for.

Overall, I had an unforgettable summer of learning and growth with Global Experiences. I made great connections, saw some beautiful sights, and discovered new professional strengths and passions. You might be nervous to be away from home for so long or about the internship in general, but I really don’t think that should stop you from joining this program. It is different and it will take some adjusting, but I promise you that it is so so worth it. Go GE!

The application process was very simple in the beginning, but it got a little tricky as my family, my school, and GE were trying to work out payment and university credit options. The connection between the schools and the program is something I think needs to be worked on, but other than that, everything else went smoothly!
Donna

Global Experiences - Dublin Internship

As an international business major, the final requirement for my degree program was completing an internship abroad. I found myself rushing to find one (to graduate on time!) and I wasn't having much luck. After searching through several internship placement programs, I found Global Experiences and I'm so glad that I did. They were very quick to follow up with my initial inquiry (within 24 hours) and were willing to take me on shortly before the Dublin program started.

The Global Experiences team really made an effort to understand what I was looking for in my internship. The process of identifying and understanding your strengths and SMART goals is very useful and helps you to actively think about how you can maximize your internship experience.

My internship was at Fumbally Exchange and Institute of Designers in Ireland (same location and overlapping responsibilities), and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I was fortunate enough to work with such a passionate and talented group of professionals and was able to learn so much from everyone.

Our housing was at Griffith College, which was located close to Dublin's city center, so I was able to walk to work everyday. The campus always felt safe and the same can be said for the surrounding area.

The site coordinators (Peter and Hayley) were always available to help out with any issues. The major trips (Giant's Causeway, Cliffs of Moher) were well-organized.

I would definitely recommend Global Experiences if you're seeking an opportunity to intern abroad.

Stephanie

Summer in Dublin

I went to Dublin for a marketing internship the summer of 2013 for three months. This experience is definitely the most notable life event for me so far where I just grew so much personally and professionally. My internship placement was exactly what I was looking for, it helped me develop a greater understanding of the marketing and advertising industries. I also had the chance to speak with people from all over the world and work with other interns from many different countries. The support from Global Experiences was on point from start to finish. Every question, concern or general confusion was alway answered and extremely helpful. My roommates were great, although we were there for the internship, we found time to travel around and explore. The friends I made then are still my closest friends today. An awesome experience all around.

About Global Experiences

Global Experiences believes that everyone deserves a career they love, and their mission is to help young people find their paths sooner in life. Global Experiences internship programs open doors for young people to enrich their lives personally and...