Internship in Greece Shadow Doctors 20+ Hours/Week

Shadow doctors 20+ hours/week in Greece through the Atlantis Fellowship: 1.5-8 week Fellowships during winter or summer breaks.

Atlantis (formerly known as the Atlantis Project) has been providing university students in healthcare-related fields with the opportunity to gain clinical experience in hospitals in Europe and Latin America since 2007. We are committed to the safety of our Fellows, and are constantly working to maximize the educational value of our programs.

• Rotate through different specialties to gain exposure to various medical practices and procedures.
  • Join our Fellowships to make the most of your winter or summer - no need to take time off during your semesters!
  • Immerse yourself in a fellowship abroad to understand healthcare in a global context, and embark on weekly excursions to experience Greek culture, sights, and food.
  • Join a network of accomplished Atlantis Fellows and doctors from around the world.
  • We also have programs to help students prepare for the MCAT.

Madison

Atlantis shadowing in Greece

I had an amazing time shadowing in Greece. I learned more than i thought I would and I saw more than I thought I would. Doing this program validated my love for medicine and helped me realize that it is what I want to do for the rest of my life. When I arrived in Greece, I wasn’t quite sure of what I was expecting, but I know by the end of the trip, this program far exceeded those expectations and then some. I would recommend this to everyone.

I didn’t find many improvements.
Jessika

Atlantis, Patras , Greece

We got to shadow doctors and stand right over their shoulders as they performed surgeries. The doctors were also so helpful and ready to teach us. We would shadow about 5-6 hours a day and then we would go and experience the area around us and learn more about the culture. It was amazing!
From about 8am to 2pm we would see various surgeries from brain to blood vessel to ortho. There were many options. After that, we would eat the food of the area and go to the places that made Patras, Greece famous. The experiences were unforgettable.

Candace

Thessaloniki, Greece

Finding this fellowship was so easy! After wasting hours googling for the perfect fellowship, I was scrolling through Instagram and came across this gem! This fellowship allowed me to be certain about my career path. I have found a passion for nursing like no other. I have gained so much knowledge despite cultural and language barriers - a testimony to the ability to care/provide information for others.

Better awareness of hospital professional.
Tierra

Atlantis Fellowship in Thessaloniki

Atlantis truly exceeded all of my expectations. I came into this program expecting to shadow doctors, get my hours and maybe make a few friends. I came into this program not knowing any of the other 13 fellows and I left with a new family. Every day was another adventure, being in the hospital was very laid back, all of the doctors truly cared about your education and about involving you in their daily routines. I learned so much through all of the shadowing, but I learned so much about myself through the people I met. I made friendships that will last a life time. The 13 other fellows and I all agreed that we probably wouldn't of chosen to be friends if we all just saw each other on the street, but Atlantis brought all of our personalities together and made us realize that just because someone is different than you doesn't mean you can't get along with them. We all took multiple trips together, rented Airbnb's together and bonded so much over the course of 3 weeks. We it came time to say goodbye we were uncontrollably crying. I will never forget this experience or the people that it led me to. I am a kinder person and I have a more open mind on the world and on other people because of this trip. I would recommend Atlantis to anyone, it is truly an experience you will not regret!

Making sure that all of the fellows live closer to each other, and that all the specialties in the hospital that are offered to the fellows are interesting!

About Atlantis

Atlantis (formerly known as the Atlantis Project) was founded in 2007, and our mission is to equip future healthcare leaders to pursue their callings passionately. Since then, our programs have expanded to include global hospital partners in Europe,...