For groups, college and university field courses; join the Caribbean Reef Buddy team on the beautiful island of Carriacou, near Grenada in the West Indies.
We can offer the full range of dive qualifications as well as active involvement and training in a variety of different conservation programs, ranging from containment of invasive species, reef monitoring and coral nurseries. This program is aimed at schools and colleges looking for field courses or even a group of friends or work colleagues looking for a real Caribbean adventure.
Gain academic accreditation, as our Directors can work directly with your academic staff and faculty to ensure your participation contributes towards your ongoing studies.
Dive and study on an island paradise, back drop for the famous Pirates of the Caribbean.
For individual volunteer programs please visit our page 'Marine Conservation Volunteering & Scuba Diving in Caribbean'.
- Full and active involvement in a range of ongoing marine and coral reef conservation projects.
- Training and qualifications in the latest reef survey techniques.
- Flexible accommodation options.
- Design your own diving and conservation program to meet your professional and academic needs.
- Optional professional dive training upto PADI Divemaster and Instructor.
What to Expect
We offer tailored program all year round.
Simply get in touch, tell us a bit about yourself and your interests and aspirations and let our team build a program for you. All we ask is that you bring a positive 'can do' attitude to this beautiful island and in return we will promise an unforgettable experience.
Two dives per day, dive training courses, excursions, trips plus classes with resident biologists; your timetable will be busy and above all..fun! At the end of a busy and rewarding day there is always chance to relax with a rum punch and enjoy the spectacular sunset.
- PADI Open Water to Instructor courses.
- Lionfish containment specialist training.
- Coral nursery specialist and coral restoration dives.
- Reef Check Eco diver and survey dives.
- Reef.org practitioner.
- Atlantic and Gulf Rapid Reef Assessment (AGRRA) practitioner.
- Coral Watch specialist and coral surveys.
Trips and excursions:
- Beach BBQ on the beautiful Sandy Island.
- Day trip to Tobago Cays, setting of the Pirates of the Caribbean film, snorkel with Hawksbill turtles and enjoy an island adventure.
- Kayak tour of Mangrove swamps.
- High North Nature Park hike.
$2324 Example 3 week program content:
- 3 weeks hotel accommodation including breakfast and evening meals.
- Reef Check Eco-Diver training, survey training in fish, coral and substrate protocols and data collection dives.
- Lionfish containment specialty training, followed by lionfish hunt dives and catch analysis.
- Coral nursery and coral regeneration specialty training, coral nursery maintenance dives and coral out planting.
- Tobago Cays excursion.
- Sandy Island BBQ.
- High North Nature Park ramble.
All dive training, dive equipment and specialist equipment is provided
Medical and dive insurance
Housing & Meals
Volunteer packages include half board accommodation in shared room at a family run hotel located in the heart of Hillsborough within walking distance of the beach, shops, and dive center. All rooms have WiFi, kitchenette, en-suite bathrooms, and fans
Breakfast is provided every morning and typically includes cereals, toast, eggs, bacon, fresh juices, tea, and coffee. Once you return from diving activities later in the day, expect delicious homemade dishes such as lasagne, burgers, and traditional meals from the West Indies. Please include any special dietary requirements in your application. Lunch is not included
Grenada is an island in the Caribbean that is well known for its spices. It was renamed many times in its early days; however, was eventually named Grenada because of its greenery that emulated Andalusia so well. Since then, the name has had different renderings depending on the control of the island between France and Great Britain. The tumultuous control of Grenada can be seen in many things; namely, their trades and names of cities. The infrastructure since the mid 1980's has vastly improved and has largely been peaceful.