Isla is recruiting doctors, nurses, midwives, doulas, and other medical and public health professionals to help meet the needs of Apna Ghar Ashram, home for 2,000 less fortunate residents who are physically or mentally challenged, given up by their families. Many have been abused who have run away and are homeless. Residents are accepted without regard to religion, caste or creed and all facilities are provided free of cost.
Internships are from 9-weeks long and may last up to one year. This is a wonderful opportunity for undergraduate and graduate student seeking a practicum experience in medicine, nursing, midwifery, doula specialization, public health, physical therapy, occupational therapy, public health, and social work. For more information visit our website at isla-serve.org. Apply now at apply.isla-serve.org
- Isla offers many global development career field options including medical, global health, education and youth development, social justice and gender equality, social enterprise development, business, horticulture and permaculture, and the environment.
- Isla's programs give unparalleled opportunities to intrepid change-makers who are ready to follow their calling. Experience the joys and the challenges of deploying your capacities to help a community reach its full potential.
- Isla has developed specific positions tailored to the priorities of our local partners. We seek interns who have an interest in global development and are ready for the adventure that lies ahead.
- Program fees include housing with a host family and daily meals, airport transfers, pre-departure and in-country orientation and training in global sustainable development, 24/7 support, international medical and emergency evacuation insurance.
- Join the Isla team! Give a little. Gain a lot! apply.isla-serve.org