Interning with CAP at Sant’Anna allows students to experience a different side of life in Italy. Sant’Anna has long-standing partnerships with community businesses that welcome the input of American students and hope to engage and grow as an organization as much as the students do the same.
For 3 credits (120-150 hours), 6 credits (240 hours), 9 credits (360 hours) or 12 credits (480 hours); Academic credit for internships is transferable through SUNY Alfred (New York State), accredited by Middle States Commission on Higher Education; Complete with 1-4 other academic courses including Italian language.
Language: Most internships can be conducted in English, without a prior knowledge of the Italian language.
- Each student is matched with a local company that best suits their desires and needs and vice versa.
- The student receives notification of their internship assignment via an individualized Internship Program, including project ideas that the student may consider developing in their internship role.
- The student interns meet weekly with the Internship Coordinator to review successes and challenges of the internship experience, as well as goals for the upcoming week.
- At the last internship meeting, students will present their final projects and receive a certificate of completion of the internship, as a reference for future job opportunities.
- CAP staff is available by phone 24/7 in case of emergencies.