Global Players- Coaching and Leadership Program

Global Players- Coaching and Leadership Program

This Global Players program is for the student-athlete that seeks a future leadership role in coaching, teaching and management. Student-athletes on this program use their sport as bridge to different cultures while learning how to lead. Those participants that are selected are considered ambassadors not only for their country but specifically for their sport while abroad. This internship runs for 8-10 days depending on the location and year of choice. Past participants have gone onto enjoy successful careers in a variety of fields from coaching to administration.

Europe » Germany » Berlin
Age Requirement

Matt
Binghamton, NY
Marist College

Learn. Play. Travel. Serve.

Traveling, Playing, & Coaching abroad with Global Players was an extremely influential trip in my life and career. With Global Players you learn you to be an informed and global traveler (not a tourist), and you are challenged to break out of your comfort zone to open your mind, communicate with those from new cultures & languages, and experience different ways of life by immersing yourself in each location's culture as you travel. Playing in the Berlin Open and WINNING the Prague Cup were a complete privilege and meeting & playing with or against lacrosse players from around the world was an amazing & fun learning experience. Planning, and leading coaching clinics for various schools & lacrosse clubs throughout Germany & Austria really challenged us to explore the way we communicate and teach the game when explaining drills and concepts to players of different languages and cultural backgrounds. This really helped me think about my communication methods when coaching the game and pushed me to be a better teacher and communicator. This experience was pivotal and influential in convincing me to pursue my passion of coaching as a career which I continue to do at the Division I level. Through leading & navigating us across different countries, providing the opportunity to play lacrosse with players from around the world, and growing the game by teaching and coaching lacrosse clinics for school students & lacrosse clubs, Global Players totally fulfills their mission of Learn, Play, Travel, & Serve, and I had the time of my life traveling with them and meeting all sorts of great people and new friends along the way. Furthermore, Global Players inspires you to continue your journey of traveling the world, as I was moved to go back to Europe a few years later to travel other parts of the world with my wife!

Daniel
New York, NY
Marist College

Once in a Lifetime Experience

Global Players was the opportunity of a lifetime where I was able to combine two of my favorite things, travel and lacrosse. Seeing a different culture and helping expand a sport that has been such a large part of my life was amazing. Not only was it a great experience, but the Coaching Abroad Program caused a lot of personal growth. You develop interpersonal skills, along with public speaking and you become more open minded. The program also was a great addition to my resume, and has been a focal point of every interview I've been on. Not many people get the chance to spend a summer abroad, and even fewer are able to live abroad for a prolonged period of time. Global players allowed me to do both.

Lindsey
Long Island, New York
Hofstra University

GLOBAL...playas!

The trip overall was the best experience I've ever had the opportunity of doing. I made endless amount of friends both internationally and from the states. I learned more about Germany in 2 weeks of just living there than I did in years and years of social studies class because Jess and Tara really focus on being "travelers not tourist" so you really get yourself immersed in their culture. It was unreal and you'd be silly to pass up a one in a lifetime chance!

If I had to change one thing I would change the length of time we are all together before we split into our different program groups. It would have been cool to stayed in Berlin a little longer with the group all together.

Global Players (GP) is a program founded by student-athletes for student-athletes. Students can choose to study abroad in a variety of locations around the world, all while continuing to train and compete in their sport. Global Players' programs include a four pillar approach to study