View Other Details
- A made-to-measure elective tailoring service
- Access to our team of destination experts
- A customised overseas placement with guided supervision
- Comprehensive pre-departure preparation
- Access to MyTrip, our personalised online elective planner
- Airport pickup and local orientation
- Private, fully catered, security guarded accommodation
- Free local language lessons
- Round the clock support from experienced in-country teams
We do not offer paid internships or cater for volunteering experiences. To be eligible for a Work the World nursing internship, you need to be in nursing school, or have equivalent clinical experience (MD or equivalent). We can also not accept premeds.
During a nursing internship in Kathmandu you’ll work alongside some of the best medical professionals in Nepal, helping to diagnose and treat a range of ailments specific to the Nepalese climate and people. These often include TB and typhoid. As well as rotating between multiple departments and engaging in community health outreach programs, participants can also venture into community clinics for a rural experience of low-resource healthcare. In addition to working in a village setting, interns will be immersed in cultural village life - helping milk buffalo, keeping bees and learning how to cook local cuisine.
Afternoons can be spent discovering Kathmandu's Hindu temples, paragliding, bungee jumping, or trekking.