Global Remote Internships - Scholarships available | ABROADER

The world of work has shifted to online and employers know it. Doing online internships help you be ready for this reality through meaningful hands-on work, career mentor-ship, workshops and intercultural sessions with the locals - ALL AT THE COMFORT OF HOME!

Relevant Majors
Marketing, Communications, International business, Finance, Data Science, Arts & Design, Social Work, Community Development,... There are many more opportunities, as each placement is customized. Contact our Program Advisor to get your personalized placement consultation.

Scholarship opportunities
We are committed to supporting young students who have a thirst to intern and study abroad. Every semester, scholarship offers are available to extend access to international education for all students. Great News! ABROADER's Scholarships are now AVAILABLE for Remote Internship up to USD $500. Visit https://abroader.org/scholarships-and-grants and seize your chance of joining our programs with financial aids.

• Easy & Affordable. Travelling, while exciting, can be challenging on the budget. With remote internships abroad, you gain international working experiences without having to pay for relocation or even a passport.
  • Flexibility. No matter where you are and what timezone you are in, you can design your own working schedule that fits around other commitments. No need to wait for summer, you can intern while studying and maximize your productivity.
  • International & Online Work Experiences. Online working skills are essential to every career in this digital age, while international experiences differentiate you from those who do internships in their home country. Plus, a remote internship proves your
  • Facilitated Cultural Sessions. Doing an internship remotely does not mean you are alone. Our program includes Pre-program Orientation, Weekly Check-in, Interactive Workshops and Inter-cultural Sessions with the locals to not only get you ready to work int

• 9-10 rating 66.67%
  • 7-8 rating 33.33%
  • Content 9.3
  • Engagement 9.7
  • Platform 9.2
Katryna

Incredible experience! Would recommend

It was an incredible experience and made something valuable out of the difficult situation of Covid-19. I learned so much about Vietnam and was able to connect with a bunch of peers in Vietnam. It was also a great social outlet during a remote internship which can feel isolating sometimes. I am so thankful for all the support Abroader provided and all the work they put into making a really great program. If you are doing a remote internship or looking to learn more about vietnam, this program is perfect for you.

Be engaged and talk during the zoom meetings! You'll only get out of it what you are willing to put into it!
Sara

Sara’s Review

I had such an incredible experience as a Public Health Remote Intern in Hanoi, Vietnam. From the support I received to the work I did with my team, I could not have asked for a more positive internship experience. Despite the fact that I was not able to travel to Vietnam, I felt so connected to the people and culture. The relationships I have built and the lessons I have learned are so priceless and humbling. I truly commend this program for the wonderful work they do and I am so incredibly grateful

The advice I would give as a former intern is to always keep an opened mind and be willing to adapt to unfamiliar circumstances. Flexibility is very important and makes the experience considerably more enjoyable.
Joanna

An Internship that Brought a lot of Happiness During a Tough Time

My internship through ABROADER was truly a worthwhile experience. Not only did I genuinely enjoy the work I did for my host organization, but having ABROADER's support and community really enhanced my remote internship. Having weekly culture sessions and buddy chats, and getting to talk regularly to the ABROADER staff and local buddies, made me feel like I was actually in Vietnam. I think this aspect of their program is really unique, because it makes doing an internship in a brand new place much less intimidating; everyone is so friendly and welcoming, I never felt alone when navigating this new adventure. I genuinely feel that I was able to connect with people and make new friends despite being thousands of miles away.

What was your funniest moment?
With the culture sessions and buddy chats, there were a lot of fun, happy moments. I think I laughed the hardest when making a video with a fellow intern and two local buddies for ABROADER's farewell group session. We tried creating a parody to Grease's Summer Nights, but being that none of us are musically talented, and we had to deal with the lag from Zoom when singing all together, our finished product was quite chaotic. Regardless, it was a lot of fun to work on all together, and seeing our video at the session gave me a really great laugh.
Marshall

ABROADER-Marshall Keller

I had a blast with the remote internship with ABROADER. The cultural sessions were exciting and informative of the way of life in Vietnam. What made this unique for me was the staffs engagement with me and the other students. I liked getting to talk about the differences in cultures and similarities. The staff was always excited to see me and liked talking about my interests as well. I really liked the food cultural sessions and the opportunity to make Vietnamese food in my own home. I think any future participant would like this program if they wanted something outside their comfort zone. It was an entirely different world from the US to Vietnam and I enjoyed every second of it.

What was your funniest moment?
The funniest moment was when I was caught laughing at a video during a cultural meeting. The video was a music video and had hilarious content and I got called out because the host of the meeting saw me laughing. I thought this was not just funny because the video but also because the hosts were glad I was enjoying the cultural session.
Brian

Abroader Internship

The organization set me up with several interviews with various companies before I finally settled on the one that worked best for me. The virtual internship experience was supplemented with engaging biweekly cultural sessions and buddy chats in which I was able to interact with locals from the region. They adapted very well to the current pandemic and the switch to a remote format was not jarring at all. With the support of locals, I was able to learn more about culture and customs while completing my internship.

Be sure to balance your time, especially if completing remotely!
Jaebyeok

Summer 2020

My experience was very unique in the sense that it was first virtual internship. I was not expecting to have one so I was little sad at first but in the end it was really fun and educational experience. Even though it was virtual, I was engaging with local buddies at Vietnam all the time as if we were friends for the longest time and learning and talking about Vietnamese culture every week. We also had some good events amongst ourselves which I will cherish for a long time. The company I worked at was also great. The supervisor was helpful and communicative for the most time. I learned so much working wise also.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
Singing happy birthday song in Vietnam was definitely one of things I was not expecting to do!