The Trade and Industry in Palestine program introduces participants to the most prominent industries in Palestine. Interns will get the chance to study the factors behind the prosperity of the industrial sector, the development of sub-industries and the formation of a cluster society. Special attention is given to the most important Palestinian exports: shoes and leather, textiles, and clothing.
Participants will become acquainted with the Palestinian commercial sector, highlighting the commercial contribution towards building the local economy, particularly in the growing gross domestic product. Through the program, interns will identify the integrated economic relationship with the economic activities of other countries in order to achieve economic development for Palestine.
- The program addresses three aspects of trade and industry: theoretical, practical, linguistic and social.
- Field visits to local factories, small enterprises, shops, Chambers of Commerce and Industry, and institutions working in the commercial and industrial sector are featured.
- Fluent English speaking guide.
- Three hours of Palestinian Arabic lessons per week, with the emphasis on speaking.
- Accommodations where the participant resides with either a Palestinian host family or at our dorm.