The Agriculture in Palestine Program serves as the perfect introduction to the current Palestinian agricultural issues, such as meeting the needs of Palestinian society every day and acting as one of the supportive pillars of the Palestinian economy.
The Agriculture in Palestine Program is comprised of discussions, presentations, and field trips to nurseries and agricultural areas so the participants can study the industry closer. It also highlights the obstacles imposed by the Israeli occupation on farmers, such as the confiscation of land, the transformation of such lands into military zones, Israeli settlements, and the construction of bypass roads, in addition to the looting of waters.
- The program focuses on three aspects: Theoretical, Practical, Linguistic and Social.
- Your guide will speak fluent English.
- You will meet farmers, and specialists in the agricultural sector and will have the opportunity to discuss and ask questions of them.
- You will take field trips to farms, agricultural lands, nurseries, and greenhouses in the city and local area.
- You will study three hours per week spoken Arabic.