Our Health Electives in Rwanda and Kenya for international students in medicine, nursing, public health and other health sciences offer a variety of preclinical, clinical, global health and research opportunities at Rwandan or Kenyan hospitals and host organizations. Placements are tailored to your qualifications and interests. Clinical rotations are particularly available to final-year medical students who desire to meet their medical school elective abroad requirements.
Host sites include university teaching hospitals, other select urban and rural hospitals and health centers, as well as public health-related government institutions such as the Rwanda Biomedical Center and NGOs.
In addition to the placement, you will benefit from a pre-placement orientation, a weekly classroom or field session with interdisciplinary training, and a weekly formal supervisory meeting.
Custom placements are available year-round, with flexible durations (minimum 4 weeks).
- Combine a highly relevant global experience with professional skills development and cultural immersion.
- Work with African colleagues and develop your intercultural communication skills, confidence and adaptability.
- Gain new insight through a unique African perspective on healthcare in developing countries.
- Explore the progress and challenges towards development of a leading African success story.
- Broaden your personal and professional network, and build lasting international friendships.