Connect-123 Engineering Internships

Hands-on, international engineering opportunities await in Argentina, China, Ireland, Australia, South Africa, and Spain!

Whether you study biomedical engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, software engineering, chemical engineering, or environmental engineering, we work with you to find career-related placements that meet your academic and personal development goals. Valuable engineering internship opportunities can be found in all of our six destinations: Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Sydney, Cape Town, Dublin, and Shanghai.

Program durations and start and end dates are flexible to fit your needs. Our local staff provide on-the-ground support before, during, and after your internship including housing assistance, in-depth orientation, social events, cultural activities, as well as career support and guidance.

Get in touch with us today to kickstart your engineering internship abroad!

• Tailored placements! Connect-123’s experienced team finds unique, best-fit opportunities for you, related to your interests, goals and requirements.
  • Extensive Network! Connect-123’s partner network includes entrepreneurs, human rights organizations, engineering firms, advertising agencies and many more options!
  • Flexibility! Choose your arrival and departure dates, based on your schedule.
  • Service! From pre-departure to in-country support to post internship assistance, Connect-123 provides you with all the support you need!
  • Memories! Meet new friends from all over the world and make memories to last a lifetime!

For current program fees, please visit our website at www.connect-123.com

Amirul Ashraf

Connect-123 Internship at UCT

I did my internship with Connect 123 at the University of Cape Town for close to 3 months as a research engineer intern. It was nothing short of amazing!

My decision to join the program in Cape Town was almost an impulsive one, so I did not manage to plan sufficiently prior to the trip. However, the staff from Connect 123, particularly Caitlin and Lucie, were very helpful in advising on what to bring and prepare for! Over in Cape Town, they organised social nights for us to be connected with other interns from different countries that are doing various other internship programmes! This helped to ease the homesickness as we had our own family there! Our development and safety was their priority as they would send in emails every now and then to get updates on our progress and well being. They really had our welfare at heart!

All in all, joining the internship programme with Connect 123 was one of the best university decisions I have ever made! Best hospitality, best location, best experience!

Audrey

My Buenos Aires Experience

My time in Buenos Aires was one of the most rewarding experiences in my life. I had never traveled outside the country alone before coming to Buenos Aires, and Connect 123 gave me all the support I needed to thrive in this vibrant city. From setting me up at a home away from home to helping me navigate the busy streets, Connect 123 gave me the foundation for the incredible life I cultivated in Argentina for two months.
Coming to Buenos Aires, there was definitely a steep learning curve in regards to the dialect spoken here, but within a couple weeks, I was able to communicate successfully with the porteños. As I have been studying Spanish for years and have continued my studies in college, learning to adapt to the speaking style of the Argentines felt like an unbelievable accomplishment.
Moreover, the work I did at my internship was so rewarding. I worked on a joint project between two environmentally-focused NGOs, where I helped design and plan the construction of one of Argentina’s first natural swimming pools. While the majority of my research focused on the environment close to Buenos Aires, through my co-workers I learned a lot about the progress in the Green movement in various regions of Argentina and South America. From these two short months in Buenos Aires, I gained confidence in my Spanish-speaking abilities, enriched myself with the Argentine culture, and achieved more than I thought possible with my internship.

About Connect-123

Connect-123 develops and administers internship programs in Buenos Aires, Argentina; Cape Town, South Africa; Shanghai, China; Dublin, Ireland; Sydney, Australia; and Barcelona, Spain. In all countries, internship opportunities are hosted by local...