Connect-123 Summer Internships

Connect-123 Summer Internships

Have the best summer of your life while gaining extraordinary experience that will accelerate your career.

Connect-123 offers tailor-made internships in six cities around the world: Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Cape Town, Dublin, Australia and Shanghai. Our staff work directly with you and help design your internship program to fit your professional goals, skills and academic requirements, if needed. Whether you study business, biomedical engineering, public policy, communications, or want to gain experience in healthcare, human rights, or teaching, we have the local network in place to make it happen!

Program durations and start and end dates are flexible. Our local staff provide on-the-ground support before, during, and after your internship including housing assistance, in-depth orientation, social events, cultural activities, as well as career support and guidance.

This is the summer you’ve been waiting for. Contact us today.

• Tailored placements! Connect-123’s experienced team finds unique, best-fit opportunities for you, related to your interests, goals and requirements.
  • Extensive Network! Connect-123’s partner network includes entrepreneurs, human rights organizations, engineering firms, advertising agencies and many more options!
  • Flexibility! Choose your arrival and departure dates, based on your schedule.
  • Service! From pre-departure to in-country support to post internship assistance, Connect-123 provides you with all the support you need!
  • Our program deposit is completely refundable! While most organizations require a non-refundable deposit, we’re confident that you’ll love our service and that we’ll find the right placement for you.
Cape Town
Buenos Aires
International Business
Public Policy
Skype/Phone Interview

While high in career-related value, all internships are unpaid and organizations we work with understand that they need to provide “real” work experience that will benefit the intern. During the placement process, we work together to ensure that we find the best fit experience for you, where you’ll achieve your goals and receive a return on investment. Both start dates and durations are flexible,...
Hi Raj, we can help you find accommodation. In some of our destinations, we have housing that we can offer to you. In others, we work with partners who have excellent housing options available. In both cases, housing costs are in addition to the program fee.
For current program fees, please visit our website at
For current program fees, please visit our website at

Summer Internship in Dublin

Making the big decision to come to Dublin for the summer was very scary. I didn't know if I would enjoy my internship, meet any friends, or even like the city! Gladly, right after arriving all of my worries were put to rest. Through my time in Dublin, I grew professionally through my internship and was able to feel a sense of independence I never had before.

From the start, Connect-123 was there to promptly answer any questions or concerns I had every step of the way. They set me up with an internship that was fit exactly for me. I was fortunate to work for a small PR firm in Dublin that markets to women. The internship allowed me to learn so much about the PR world and decide it is what I want to pursue after graduation.

Through Connect-123, I made lifelong friends. We bonded through weekend adventures and a love for all of the opportunities Dublin had for us. I would not change one thing about my experience and I am so thankful to Connect-123 for this amazing opportunity.

I had a very positive experience and would not change a thing.

Dublin Summer 2015

Krystal LaDuc
State University of New York at Oneonta
Publishing Intern

Dublin was simply unforgettable. Those 2 months quickly became a life that I could not bear leave, and Ireland quickly became home. With an incredible internship in my field, true friendships, and a lively culture, Connect-123 provided a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Interning as a publications assistant, I was given the privilege to singlehandedly prepare a one-time sports anthology. This project included working closely with the publications manager, the editor, the designer, and the organization’s director. It involved compiling poetry, layout, proof reading, and negotiating copyrights from Irish and UK publishers. The internship included everything from working on this major publication to simple office work and even to attending exclusive poetic, artistic, and cultural events through the city. The Connect team worked hard to find an internship within my field that I was happy with, and I am so appreciative of all their efforts, communication, and reassurance.

Along with the internship, I was housed with an incredible group of other interns, which led to memorable trips and lasting friendships. With Ireland’s landscape, accessibility, and location we were able to take several weekend trips (in and outside the country) that were easy and affordable! In such a welcoming environment, both socially and professionally, Dublin was a comfortable city with endless sites and places to discover!

This experience is truly indescribable. I have grown immensely as an individual, a professional, and a traveler. I cannot imagine my life without the people I met in Ireland and the memories I have made. It was, by far, the best time of my life. Now it’s time for you to go have yours! You won’t regret it. Cheers!

best summer of my life

This is the first time I have travelled alone and lived in a foreign country. Connect 123 not only gave me such an amazing opportunity as a pre-med student to work with children at a public hospital but also helped me prepare everything I need (such as housing) before my arrival, picked me up and made sure I was comfortable when I arrived and met up with me during my stay to make sure everything is ok (you have a lot of freedom so it's not like they were constantly on your back). Katie and Paula, especially Paula, were so friendly, and helpful. Also you become really close with other Connect123 interns because there are a lot of social events when you are not working.

The biggest difficulty is the spanish. I knew basic spanish beforehand but in Buenos Aires, especially where I worked, no one spoke english and spoke Spanish really quick. It is definitely a challenge, but it forces you to really learn and speak the language. The people there are understanding and nice to foreigners as well. I worked every morning, weekdays. When I was not working, I explored Buenos Aires which is a very fun city and has a crazy nightlife. On the weekends/holidays I travelled Argentina.

This entire experience is a win/win. I gained valuable work experience in a hospital while learning another language, and also managed to travel and meet new friends from all over the world.

Perhaps a cheaper price. I wasn't going to do this program because of the price and an unpaid internship. I had to work a lot in order to have money to pay for this whole experience. In the future housing should be included for the price of the entire program.

About Connect-123

Connect-123 develops and administers internship programs in Buenos Aires, Argentina; Cape Town, South Africa; Shanghai, China; Dublin, Ireland; Sydney, Australia; and Barcelona, Spain. In all countries, internship opportunities are hosted by local...