Through 'if i could...', you will work hand-in-hand with organizations in Hanoi, New Delhi, Cape Winelands and Cape Town in this meaningful program. Assist in their vision to educate, uplift, and empower women in areas with limited resources. Contribute to their incredible work, programs, and initiatives to celebrate and promote the achievements of women. As an intern, you will participate in gender and socio-economic rights-based education, human rights casework, social movements, or advocacy.
Gender advocacy is critical - particularly in India and South Africa, where there are high rates of gender-based violence. This is a special opportunity to develop and hone your personal and professional skills, experience a new city and meet members of local communities, boost your résumé, and make a tangible impact on the lives of some of the most vulnerable people living in these communities.
- Uphold your gender and LGBT advocacy by working with an organization in these sectors.
- Offer help, information and advice to local community members seeking to adjust their lives while coming to terms with their situation.
- Expand your knowledge of other integral areas, such as community empowerment and health, while focusing on our gender advocacy and women’s right program.
- Contribute to efforts aimed at addressing human rights and law issues, as well as female empowerment and gender equality.
- Immerse in local cultures and customs while working with the community during your internship.